Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Brio

Bill Mitchell: Ford and now Apple. Businesses are already talking about coming home and Trump isn't even sworn in yet

Brio    1,038

As a candidate, President-elect Donald Trump vowed that once he took office he would demand that Ford Motor Co. stop moving jobs to Mexico or start paying a sky-high tariff.

Barely 10 days after Trump’s election, Ford has already announced that a car line that was slated to be produced in Mexico will remain in America.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/trump-ford-keeping-jobs-production-in-america-at-kentucky-plant/

I saw a news clip about Apple making iPhones in the US maybe.

Cinnamon    24,755

@Brio all kinds of strange things happening now! It almost feels like we have a real president, but I'm not trusting anything. Been burned for so long. 

Brio    1,038
On 11/18/2016 at 7:28 PM, Cinnamon said:

@Brio all kinds of strange things happening now! It almost feels like we have a real president, but I'm not trusting anything. Been burned for so long. 

The Trump card has been played. You hit on 17.

Hasn't most corporations moved overseas because of the bean counters, or was it the 35% corporate tax rate...or maybe the huge multi-national corporations who bought this country out from our casper-milque toast leaders who sold us out...just can't seem to pin it down...:unsure: