Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Sky Cat

How To Get Perfect Picture For Your TV

CSB    2,436

Sounds crazy but it's worth a try ..

I haven't had a TV in around 20 years because of the bull shit on it and the expense .

If this works ok Then I can watch I Love Lucy and The Flintstones .

Uncle Nobby   
Uncle Nobby

The tv that's broadcast in n america is the equivalent of digital diarrhea, liquefied shite pumped directly into your living room. Compared to how tv used to be broadcast in the UK, it's a joke. You are treated like children over here in n amerika, and it's 99% PROPAGANDA. Having forced myself to watch the us election gibberish, it's hardly surprising that El Trumpo won. Every channel, all the time, 24/7 was trump this, trump that, trump, trump, trump ad fuc**** nauseum.

Even though all you got was negative trump bias, he still won, so perhaps the sheeple are waking from their collective coma's, but please, really, turn the set off and go outside, no alpha waves and fresh air, for free :) 

Sky Cat   
Sky Cat
4 minutes ago, Uncle Nobby said:

The tv that's broadcast in n america is the equivalent of digital diarrhea, liquefied shite pumped directly into your living room. Compared to how tv used to be broadcast in the UK, it's a joke. You are treated like children over here in n amerika, and it's 99% PROPAGANDA. Having forced myself to watch the us election gibberish, it's hardly surprising that El Trumpo won. Every channel, all the time, 24/7 was trump this, trump that, trump, trump, trump ad fuc**** nauseum.

Even though all you got was negative trump bias, he still won, so perhaps the sheeple are waking from their collective coma's, but please, really, turn the set off and go outside, no alpha waves and fresh air, for free :) 

Neither am I Merican, nor do I ever watch TV

Had a piece of coax laying around that was already snipped...wasn't maybe as long as 8 inches, more like 4, but doing just exactly in the video otherwise, not getting any signal on the waterfall...I'm pretty sure that this is just the junction point for attaching to the solder point of a real antenna

Cable guy   
Cable guy

Run the coaxial cable thru a tin can with stripped 4 inches in the middle of the can. Then mount to an old sat dish. you will get 45 digital channels

radio doc    383

first of all using a pair of scissors to cut coax will ruin them, use a wire cutter. second, cut the wire to five inches and dont cut away the outer shield, but use it to form a "V" just lke 🐰 ears. this will allow the incoming signal to find a point of resonance within the "V" over a wider range of channels.

additionally dont cut it too short, you can allow enough extra to find a sweet spot like near a window.

and remember there is a few seconds of delay to see the effect of moving it when trying to find sweet spot.( go slowly in small steps)

the method in the video will work, but thats not how i do it.

14 minutes ago, radio doc said:

first of all using a pair of scissors to cut coax will ruin them, use a wire cutter. second, cut the wire to five inches and dont cut away the outer shield, but use it to form a "V" just lke 🐰 ears. this will allow the incoming signal to find a point of resonance within the "V" over a wider range of channels.

additionally dont cut it too short, you can allow enough extra to find a sweet spot like near a window.

and remember there is a few seconds of delay to see the effect of moving it when trying to find sweet spot.

the method in the video will work, but thats not how i do it.

Oops I didn't put the elbow bend in it...now it seems to work so the exposed copper just acts like a regular antenna...this probably just operates on the idea that the broadcast stations are frying us before the signals get to the TV, I'm guessing, but the bend somehow captures the signal...

radio doc    383

the bend gives it a ground plane to work against, it will work like the rabbit v if you flare it a little instead of parallel.

another thing that has worked for me (while waiting for a cable installation) take the dead cable line straight to the tv , set the channel type to antenna and scan. the local channels should appear just fine. but your results may vary.

i get everything i like with over the air. the only reason i have cable service is the bundling bullcrap they pull, in which dumping the tv service dosent save a worthwhile amount of money when you have internet and phone too!

2 minutes ago, radio doc said:

the bend gives it a ground plane to work against, it will work like the rabbit v if you flare it a little instead of parallel.

another thing that has worked for me (while waiting for a cable installation) take the dead cable line straight to the tv , set the channel type to antenna and scan. the local channels should appear just fine. but your results may vary.

i get everything i like with over the air. the only reason i have cable service is the bundling bullcrap they pull, in which dumping the tv service dosent save a worthwhile amount of money when you have internet and phone too!

I've heard just sticking a coat hanger in your coax port works too...

radio doc    383

ive used a straighted paper clip.

ever since the migration to digital, all the channels are up in the uhf band. theres no more vhf usage anymore. this has made antennas easy.(at least in the city)