Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Britain’s mass surveillance bill rubber-stamped by House of Lords

Cinnamon    28,888

A sweeping new surveillance regime is set to become UK law before the end of the year after the Investigatory Powers Bill passed through the House of Lords on Wednesday.

The legislation, dubbed the ‘snooper’s charter,’ creates a legal framework authorizing the government to hack into devices, networks and services in bulk.

UK surveillance powers have gone ‘further than any other Western democracy’ - MP

The law will allow for large databases of personal information on UK citizens to be maintained.

It requires internet, phone and communication app companies to store records for 12 months and allow authorities to access them on demand. That data could be anything from internet search history, calls made or messages sent.

<snip>

https://www.rt.com/uk/367296-mass-surveillance-bill-law/

@Ukshep   :tissues

Ukshep    25,393
2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

A sweeping new surveillance regime is set to become UK law before the end of the year after the Investigatory Powers Bill passed through the House of Lords on Wednesday.

The legislation, dubbed the ‘snooper’s charter,’ creates a legal framework authorizing the government to hack into devices, networks and services in bulk.

UK surveillance powers have gone ‘further than any other Western democracy’ - MP

The law will allow for large databases of personal information on UK citizens to be maintained.

It requires internet, phone and communication app companies to store records for 12 months and allow authorities to access them on demand. That data could be anything from internet search history, calls made or messages sent.

<snip>

https://www.rt.com/uk/367296-mass-surveillance-bill-law/

@Ukshep   :tissues

That's the last of ounce of free speech gone for me then. Oh well. I'll just do what brits do best. Take it like a man! Until the signal is given.

Cinnamon    28,888
Just now, Ukshep said:

That's the last of ounce of free speech gone for me then. Oh well. I'll just do what brits do best. Take it like a man! Until the signal is given.

You really need to get out of there. 

Ukshep    25,393
6 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

You really need to get out of there. 

and go where?? whole worlds gone to shit!

Cinnamon    28,888
Just now, Ukshep said:

and go where?? whole worlds gone to shit!

We've got Trump! Best hope right now unless he goes sideways. 

Ukshep    25,393
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

We've got Trump! Best hope right now unless he goes sideways. 

lets see how things go before i make any plans :D

unhooked    41

Unfortunately, this has been going on in many parts of the world for some time. It was disgusting that NZ has been spying on Pacific Nations and sending info to the US.  So, when the snoops spy make sure you give them outrageous conversations and BS to lead them down the bloody NWO path!