Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

At least 21 injured after man sets himself on fire in Melbourne bank

Ukshep    21,538

At least 21 people have been injured after a man set himself on fire at a branch of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia in the Melbourne suburb of Springvale, according to local media reports. Police say the man has been hospitalized in serious condition.

Five people who were inside the bank at the time of the incident are being treated for serious burns at Alfred Hospital.

The man who set himself on fire has been taken to the hospital in serious condition and is under police supervision, Victoria Police spokeswoman Leonie Johnson said, according to the Herald Sun.

A witness told 7 News that the man was a disgruntled customer of the bank, though that has not been confirmed.

https://www.rt.com/news/367329-melbourne-bank-fire-self-immolation/

It just keeps getting crazier!

Cinnamon    24,614

It does, that's a lot of people. Can you imagine being in that place when that happened. Fire scares me more than anything, last thing I would ever do is burn myself. 

unhooked    41

Thanks COP.  Living in Oz, we got the info first from you. Yes this is crazy news. Thanks COPS for telling us from the other side of the world what is actually happening here.