Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Apple could make iPhones in US in future: sources

TAIPEI -- iPhones might one day soon carry "Made in America" labels.

Key Apple assembler Hon Hai Precision Industry, also known as Foxconn Technology Group, has been studying the possibility of moving iPhone production to the U.S., sources told the Nikkei Asian Review.

"Apple asked both Foxconn and Pegatron, the two iPhone assemblers, in June to look into making iPhones in the U.S.," a source said. "Foxconn complied, while Pegatron declined to formulate such a plan due to cost concerns."

Foxconn, based in the gritty, industrial Tucheng district in suburban Taipei, and its smaller Taiwanese rival churn out more than 200 million iPhones annually from their massive Chinese campuses.

<snip>

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/AC/Apple-could-make-iPhones-in-US-in-future-sources

:)  wow, things sure do seem to be changing around here! 

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

TAIPEI -- iPhones might one day soon carry "Made in America" labels.

Key Apple assembler Hon Hai Precision Industry, also known as Foxconn Technology Group, has been studying the possibility of moving iPhone production to the U.S., sources told the Nikkei Asian Review.

"Apple asked both Foxconn and Pegatron, the two iPhone assemblers, in June to look into making iPhones in the U.S.," a source said. "Foxconn complied, while Pegatron declined to formulate such a plan due to cost concerns."

Foxconn, based in the gritty, industrial Tucheng district in suburban Taipei, and its smaller Taiwanese rival churn out more than 200 million iPhones annually from their massive Chinese campuses.

<snip>

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/AC/Apple-could-make-iPhones-in-US-in-future-sources

:)  wow, things sure do seem to be changing around here! 

Sweet cherry pieee. da da daiiiiii... oh sweet cherry...... sorry got carried away with the sounds of irony in my head...... didn't they say iphones would go up in price bwahahahahaha. This would be a price lowering move.

1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

Sweet cherry pieee. da da daiiiiii... oh sweet cherry...... sorry got carried away with the sounds of irony in my head...... didn't they say iphones would go up in price bwahahahahaha. This would be a price lowering move.

You know if Apple were to do this now that Trumps in I think people stateside would leave their androids for domestic stuff even if it's more.

10 minutes ago, Quick1966 said:

You know if Apple were to do this now that Trumps in I think people stateside would leave their androids for domestic stuff even if it's more.

I think so, too. I pay more to get U.S. products if I have a choice.  If this catches on and people stop sending jobs away and instead bring them back home! Wow! It almost makes me feel like there's a chance for a good future for everyone.  I haven't felt like that since.. I can't remember now.