Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cryptic Mole

"EGO": A place of conflict filled with emotions

My personal definition of the word "EGO": A place of conflict filled with emotions.

Test it for yourself on a daily basis and see just how many times it get's you into trouble or conflict.

When you can make all of your decisions based on logic and without any emotions, that is when you have defeated the ugly ego monster. Until that time, you are its helpless victim.

~ The Rule of Balance... Emotions vs Logic ~

Without you even knowing, you are completely subservient to their system even if you think you're not. They control the masses with keywords and trigger words and something called "The Rule of Balance." You are taught to make every decision in your life based on your emotions and never with logic... and you'd be surprised at just how many times you've done just that and which was most likely not always the wisest choice.

Is it at all possible to view things without any emotions? Is it possible to make decisions based on logic only and with no emotions? Yes, it certainly is, but it takes lot's of practice. 

A perfect example is those who are successful in trading the markets even without receiving any inside information. All they do is trade the opposite of everyone else because they are trading with their emotions. No need for rocket science and zero emotions required!

Even in life, it works pretty much the same way. Don't be herded like cattle or sheep. It's called "The Herd Mentality" and 99.9% of the people do it without even realizing it. They are emotionally charged like magnets towards one another.

A true leader thinks and makes all of his or her decisions based on logic only, and that makes them very wise.

Trigger words "Critical" ... "Thinker."

edit to add: "Ego," the two-edged sword!

Yes.  This is why propaganda and subliminal messages are so powerful and effective.  Your ego is almost entirely shaped by outward influences.  Strong parenting can help minimize the effects, however that may only ring true for my generation and older.  The influx of technology in every part of our lives increases the exposure to propaganda at every level.  

I should note that this can become a very complicated subject.  Because the superego comes in to play here as well.  Both superego and ego are influenced by external factors, in different ways.  

Also worth noting, in my opinion, this structure created by Freud was his attempt to explain what God explains perfectly.  The struggle of good vs evil in our own minds (soul).  

Freud believed God was an illusion.  I believe he accredited it to a childs desire for a strong father figure.

13 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

Yes.  This is why propaganda and subliminal messages are so powerful and effective.  Your ego is almost entirely shaped by outward influences.  Strong parenting can help minimize the effects, however that may only ring true for my generation and older.  The influx of technology in every part of our lives increases the exposure to propaganda at every level.  

I should note that this can become a very complicated subject.  Because the superego comes in to play here as well.  Both superego and ego are influenced by external factors, in different ways.  

Strange that we are talking about this today. This is what I found just last evening from the 1960's.

7 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

Also worth noting, in my opinion, this structure created by Frued was his attempt to explain what God explains perfectly.  The struggle of good vs evil in our own minds (soul).  

Frued believed God was an illusion.  I believe he accredited it to a childs desire for a strong father figure.

Yes, I know and do agree, but for those who may not believe the way we do, it's easy to see it still even from Freud's point of view. It seems when you start talking about "The ID," that's when people begin to listen because it sounds so weird and bizarre. Especially when they based sci-fi movies from the past based on it like "Forbidden Planet."

6 minutes ago, Cryptid Mold said:

Strange that we are talking about this today. This is what I found just last evening from the 1960's.

I've watched that first one, which I consider proof to my grand perception thread.  We are enslaved in a world built for us by the prince of the air.  

I'll give the second one a watch a bit later. 

1 minute ago, Walk Softly said:

I've watched that first one, which I consider proof to my grand perception thread.  We are enslaved in a world built for us by the prince of the air.  

I'll give the second one a watch a bit later. 

Go ahead and place you thread link here plus the other conversations we had earlier about dreams.

5 hours ago, Cryptid Mold said:

My personal definition of the word "EGO": A place of conflict filled with emotions.

Test it for yourself on a daily basis and see just how many times it get's you into trouble or conflict.

Hmm... Did i trigger you?? in that pm hehe

Conflict is sought for half a life, till you fall in love and find a wife. Then inward you turn and outward your soul yearns and onward you ride away... Ego is but a wall you build around yourself... Every once in a while it is time to take out the sledgehammer.

:hammer: <-- like that but minus the insult :D