Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Talon

Michigan electors cite threats over Trump vote

Michael Banerian wants to show that young adults still have faith in the political system, but he said his selection as one of Michigan’s 16 Electoral College voters has prompted emails urging him to vote for Democrat Hillary Clinton and even threatening death.

On Dec. 19, the 22-year-old Banerian is scheduled to join 15 other Michiganians to cast their electoral votes for Republican President-elect Donald Trump. But Trump’s opponents have deluged Banerian and other GOP electors with pleas and nasty emails to reverse course and cast their ballots for Clinton, according to the Michigan Republican Party.

“You have people saying ‘you’re a hateful bigot, I hope you die,’ ” he said. “I’ve had people talk about shoving a gun in my mouth and blowing my brains out. And I’ve received dozens and dozens of those emails. Even the non-threatening-my-life emails are very aggressive.”

The Detroit News verified one message containing a death wish and another containing a death threat, in which the person told Banerian he would “put a bullet” in his mouth. Banerian said he deleted the rest of the emails and messages “because as you can imagine they’re clogging up my email.”

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/11/17/elector-threats/94003176/

Glad Michael is getting an education in mob mentality. It will do him well as he matures in this world.

It's also hilarious that this is starting to backfire on those behind the curtains "thinkers and string pullers".

Clue: Mass thought is greater and more powerful than singular thought. (Talking to you Soros)

We are legion like in the bible....like the one that was "organized" to be the "end all be all" story of good vs evil.

Wait...doesn't Soros have a jesus/messiah complex? (Things that make you go hmmmmmm)

There are great historical markers and information still not understood in the bible but under no circumstances should anyone blindly accept all information as fact. This election alone has many examples of a one word "change" inciting different reactions.

I have rambled enough. People are still catching up to the present when the past is the future.

Ugh they think that threatening someone will make them change their minds. Stupidity at its finest. This guy is young tho I hope it doesn't work on him. Some young ppl these days would just cave in to the threats. 

I watched the video, he's got it together pretty well and doesn't seem like he'd be easily intimidated. 

I believe that Michigan is one state where trying to sway an elector is a felony. let me see if I can find it.

Legal Requirements or Pledges 
Electors in these States are bound by State Law or by pledges to cast their vote for a specific candidate:

ALABAMA – Party Pledge / State Law – § 17-19-2 
ALASKA – Party Pledge / State Law – § 15.30.040; 15.30.070 
CALIFORNIA – State Law – Elections Code § 6906 
COLORADO – State Law – § 1-4-304 
CONNECTICUT – State Law – § 9-175 
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA – DC Pledge / DC Law – § 1-1001.08(g) 
FLORIDA – Party Pledge / State Law – § 103.021(1) 
HAWAII – State Law – §§ 14-26 to 14-28 
MAINE – State Law – § 805 
MARYLAND – State Law – § 8-505 
MASSACHUSETTS – Party Pledge / State Law – Ch. 53, § 8, Supp. 
MICHIGAN – State Law – §168.47 (Violation cancels vote and Elector is replaced.) 
MISSISSIPPI – Party Pledge / State Law – §23-15-785(3) 
MONTANA – State Law – § 13-25-304 
NEBRASKA – State Law – § 32-714 
NEW MEXICO – State Law – § 1-15-5 to 1-15-9 (Violation is a fourth degree felony.) 
NORTH CAROLINA – State Law – § 163-212 (Violation cancels vote; elector is replaced and is subject to $500 fine.) 
OHIO – State Law – § 3505.40 
OKLAHOMA – State Pledge / State Law – 26, §§ 10-102; 10-109 (Violation of oath is a misdemeanor, carrying a fine of up to $1000.) 
OREGON – State Pledge / State Law – § 248.355 
SOUTH CAROLINA – State Pledge / State Law – § 7-19-80 (Replacement and criminal sanctions for violation.) 
VERMONT – State Law – title 17, § 2732 
VIRGINIA – State Law – § 24.2-202 
WASHINGTON – Party Pledge / State Law – §§ 29.71.020, 29.71.040, Supp. ($1000 fine.) 
WISCONSIN – State Law – § 7.75 
WYOMING – State Law – §§ 22-19-106; 22-19-108

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/electors.html

The electors vote is void and the elector gets replaced.

Can't seem to find the other link I am looking for.

For all intents and purposes, Donald Trump is the president-elect, but the election is officially over until ever electoral vote is cast in mid-December.

Since Trump won Texas, the 38 Texans who will vote are Republicans. However, in Texas, and a few other states, they are not required under any circumstances to vote for Trump.

Now, Democrats are attempting to sway electors in Texas, including Alex Kim, an elector for Texas’ 24th Congressional District, to not vote for Trump. According Kim, some are even being threatened with physical harm or death.

“At first everyone was kinda enchanted by it,” Kim said to NBC Dallas-Fort Worth. “Now all the electors are starting to get beaten down. There are some electors who have been threatened with harm or with death.”

According to The Detroit News, there has been at least one elector in Michigan threatened. Mike Banerian, youth chair of the Michigan Republican Party, says that he has received a number of death threats.

“I had no idea it would be like this,” Kim said. “When people ask me to vote for Hillary Clinton, there’s no way. I reject the Democratic Party principles and I reject Hillary Clinton.”

Quoting Davy Crockett, Kim joked, “You may all go to hell, and I shall go to Texas.”

Delivered by The Daily Sheeple

We encourage you to share and republish our reports, analyses, breaking news and videos (Click for details).

Contributed by The Daily Sheeple of www.TheDailySheeple.com.

This content may be freely reproduced in full or in part in digital form with full attribution to the author and a link to www.TheDailySheeple.com.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/electors-being-threatened-in-multiple-states-the-election-isnt-over-yet_112016