Jump to content
Sign Up To Remove Ads! | Purchase An Ad Slot!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

thedudeabides

Why do you think the spiritual is so predominant in the 3rd world yet nearly nonexistent in the 1st.

Recommended Posts

 thedudeabides    2,609

This is a question i have been mulling over and I'd like the opinions of others on it. I believe we have some South Africans here. They would be seeing the spiritual manifested first hand from what I hear from missionaries. What are your opinions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest

I wouldn't say it is, it's just a myth, in my opinion. People are mostly animals, anywhere (In one way or another). Rape, wars, human sacrifices, even cannibalism...All that is abundant in the "hardcore" third world countries (Well maybe there are a few exceptions, a few countries with more spiritual people. But...well, Afghanistan and so many countries like this are considered "third world" too. ..Nothing spiritual about them). In the not-so-hardcore (I live in one), people still suck and very few are really spiritual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Flat    222
26 minutes ago, rocorollo said:

Mass media, advertising, consumerism, instant gratification is too prevalent in the America.

This.  Brainwashing. They teach us from a young age that spiritual shit is simply that. Sad stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 thedudeabides    2,609
26 minutes ago, Guest said:

I wouldn't say it is, it's just a myth, in my opinion. People are mostly animals, anywhere (In one way or another). Rape, wars, human sacrifices, even cannibalism...All that is abundant in the "hardcore" third world countries (Well maybe there are a few exceptions, a few countries with more spiritual people. But...well, Afghanistan and so many countries like this are considered "third world" too. ..Nothing spiritual about them). In the not-so-hardcore (I live in one), people still suck and very few are really spiritual.

No my friend I have seen videos, read testimonies, and personally been a part of the occult. it is most certainly not a myth. Especially the Asatru faith. I was a follower for many years. I left it and a Raven followed me for over a year. It was rather demonic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cinders777   
Cinders777

Spiritual entities are real and they're NASTY.  I've had one harassing me for the past 5  years almost EVERY NIGHT.  They hate cats (I have 4) and 2 of mine have a neurological disease caused by high stress.  I have to say, though, my cats (except 1) all try to protect me.  I've had 2 of them lay across my body at night trying to protect me.  One of these nasty creatures threw one of my kitties against the wall (but not hard enough to hurt her.)  Scared my dogs, too.

I believe the type of harassment I've been experiencing is going to kick into high gear EVERYWHERE very soon.  Most people won't know what to do about it.  The ONLY WAY to get them to stop is asking Jesus to rebuke them or resisting the devil and he will flee. (If you aren't a Christian, I don't know what to tell you.  Good luck, I guess, since you have no defense.)

You cannot be afraid of them.  Get mad, get angry!  :angry: Sleep with the light on, too.  They hate the light. Unfortunately, they come back once you fall asleep and start again.  It's truly spiritual warfare and can wear you out pretty quick.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trumpeter   
Trumpeter

That's an easy question to answer... In 3rd world countries, ppl are so F***, that only believing in something absurd to not go completely crazy...
Faith and Hope are the borderline between Civilization and "MadMax" :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Iamawake    241
On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎17 at 9:53 AM, thedudeabides said:

No my friend I have seen videos, read testimonies, and personally been a part of the occult. it is most certainly not a myth. Especially the Asatru faith. I was a follower for many years. I left it and a Raven followed me for over a year. It was rather demonic. 

The Raven is also a keeper of secrets, and can assist us in determining answers to our own “hidden” thoughts.  Areas in our lives that we are unwilling to face, or secrets we keep that harm us – the Raven can help us expose the truth behind these (often distorted) secrets and wing us back to health and harmony.

http://www.symbolic-meanings.com/2007/11/15/symbolic-meaning-of-the-raven-in-native-american-indian-lore/

The Raven was your guide, out of there. :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 thedudeabides    2,609
4 hours ago, Iamawake said:

The Raven is also a keeper of secrets, and can assist us in determining answers to our own “hidden” thoughts.  Areas in our lives that we are unwilling to face, or secrets we keep that harm us – the Raven can help us expose the truth behind these (often distorted) secrets and wing us back to health and harmony.

http://www.symbolic-meanings.com/2007/11/15/symbolic-meaning-of-the-raven-in-native-american-indian-lore/

The Raven was your guide, out of there. :biggrin:

That is a nice way of looking at it! Interesting even more I have a bit of native blood. about 12%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Iamawake    241
8 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

That is a nice way of looking at it! Interesting even more I have a bit of native blood. about 12%

Glad you like that point of view :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Lucy Barnable    5,393

Unless I'm misunderstanding you I think it's superstition rather than spiritualism.

Albino Africans live in fear after witch-doctor butchery

The murders are the result of seemingly conflicting beliefs spread by witch doctors, who are still consulted by many of Tanzania's 40 million-strong population, that albinos are either cursed or have supernatural properties. Some fishermen believe that, if they weave the red hair from an albino into their nets, fish will be attracted by the golden glimmer. Miners for gold, rubies and tanzanite are reported to pay large sums for juju (magic) amulets, which they wear around their necks or strapped to their arms and which are made up with a potion mixed from albino body parts. Others are said to bury the bones of albinos in the ground they are digging.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/nov/16/tanzania-humanrights

Children abused, killed as witches in Nigeria

"A child witch is said to be a witch when that child possessed with certain spiritual spells capable of making that child transform into cat, snake, vipers, insects, any other animal and that child is capable of wreaking havoc like killing of people, bringing diseases, misfortune into the family," Sam said.

"When a child is accused of being a witch -- that child is hated absolutely by everybody surrounding him so such children are sent out of the home... But unfortunately such children do not always live long. A lot of them, they're either killed, abandoned by the parents, tortured in the church or trafficked out of the city."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/08/25/nigeria.child.witches/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sky Cat   
Sky Cat

Not sure I exactly 'get' the question, however, no matter where in the world, get away from any city or big town and go into the veld or forest and there you will find fairies and nature spirits.  They vary only a bit from place-to-place and with plant and rock species.  They don't like cities and most human settlements all the much (who could blame them?)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×