Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Talon

‘Suck It Up, Buttercup,’ Bill Aims to Cut Funding to Universities Catering to SJWs

An Iowa lawmaker has had enough of universities wasting taxpayer dollars to please snowflakes on campus, so he is introducing new legislation and calling it the “suck it up, buttercup” bill.

Representative Bobby Kaufmann came up with the bill to respond to universities wasting resources on things like sit-ins and grief counseling over the election results. He is planning to introduce it in January.

http://wearechange.org/suck-buttercup-bill-aims-cut-funding-universities-catering-sjws/

5 minutes ago, Talon said:

An Iowa lawmaker has had enough of universities wasting taxpayer dollars to please snowflakes on campus, so he is introducing new legislation and calling it the “suck it up, buttercup” bill.

Representative Bobby Kaufmann came up with the bill to respond to universities wasting resources on things like sit-ins and grief counseling over the election results. He is planning to introduce it in January.

http://wearechange.org/suck-buttercup-bill-aims-cut-funding-universities-catering-sjws/

Still some sane people in positions of power, I hope he gets this passed.  Enough of the crybullies already.

“That’s a waste of taxpayer dollars and that also doesn’t prepare kids for life. In life there’s winners and losers and when your car breaks down, your kids get sick or you have to take a second job to pay your mortgage, you don’t get to go to a cry zone, you don’t get to pet a pony. You have to deal with it,” Bobby Kaufmann told Fox and Friends on Wednesday.

When addressing the anti-Trump protesters, who have organized and blocked highways in over a dozen cities nationwide, Kaufmann said, “You’ve got a right to protest, that’s constitutionally protected. But you do not have a right to throw a temper tantrum on I-80 and put my constituents’ lives in danger.”

“That’s incredibly dangerous. What if someone had been trying to go to the hospital or was in an emergency and you had these spoiled brats blocking interstate 80?” he said.

Iowa Rep. Phyllis Thede, (D) Bettendorf has called the legislation odd and says it’s a threat to free speech.

“I don’t want to go after somebody because they’re fearful, upset or angry,” Thede said. “That’s not what legislatures do.”

Thede believes they should be helping the protesters, not criminalizing their actions, but Kaufmann thinks the bill will gain support.

“People say, ‘Suck it up, Buttercup, that’s kind of over the top,’ but so are the protests that are happening,” Kaufmann said.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-18/iowa-lawmaker-introduces-suck-it-buttercup-bill-stop-student-coddling-universities

having lived on the hippie dippy west coast of BC for some time, you just can't avoid these lefty snowflake types, birds of a feather will indeed flock together. But there is much fun to be had baiting them, don't look a gift hippy in the mouth, as they say. I just love telling them that I am a man made global warming, (or is it climate change? I forget) denier!! oh what fun it is to see their pale little faces all screwed up with anguish as they try to explain it all.

Never miss an opportunity to upset a "snowflake" is my current mo, hehe