Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

RED ALERT! This is the end of CT as we know it! Google, Facebook move to restrict ads on fake news sites

Anything can be called a fake news site, if they say so? Who's the judge? 

Alphabet Inc's Google (GOOGL.O) and Facebook Inc (FB.O) on Monday announced measures aimed at halting the spread of "fake news" on the internet by targeting how some purveyors of phony content make money: advertising.

Google said it is working on a policy change to prevent websites that misrepresent content from using its AdSense advertising network, while Facebook updated its advertising policies to spell out that its ban on deceptive and misleading content applies to fake news.

The shifts comes as Google, Facebook and Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) face a backlash over the role they played in the U.S. presidential election by allowing the spread of false and often malicious information that might have swayed voters toward Republican candidate Donald Trump.

The issue has provoked a fierce debate within Facebook especially, with Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg insisting twice in recent days that the site had no role in influencing the election.

Facebook's steps are limited to its ad policies, and do not target fake news sites shared by users on their news feeds.

"We do not integrate or display ads in apps or sites containing content that is illegal, misleading or deceptive, which includes fake news," Facebook said in a statement, adding that it will continue to vet publishers to ensure compliance.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-alphabet-advertising-idUSKBN1392MM?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social

I think they are doing this for many reasons. But, I think the biggest reason might be Comet Ping Pong and the pedo ring that is about to get caught! 

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I think they are doing this for many reasons. But, I think the biggest reason might be Comet Ping Pong and the pedo ring that is about to get caught! 

They have to break what allowed us all to break free, it was expected they would come at ct sites.

Just now, Ukshep said:

They have to break what allowed us all to break free, it was expected they would come at ct sites.

:(  I know. 

Anon

So if this is to come, then donations may be needed to keep this place afloat

These social media sites are in for a massive shock, because it will be like a switch. IF they push and show how they are against us much more. They may not exist as a online business when everyone ditches them! social engineering tards!

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

So if this is to come, then donations may be needed to keep this place afloat

ugh i hope not. I would hate relying fully on you guys and gals! Don't think i would be happy with it. nah i wouldn't!

Anon

Setup a paypal donation account, this isn't exactly the end for you guys

1 minute ago, Anon said:

Setup a paypal donation account, this isn't exactly the end for you guys

We've already got donations set up :) but honestly i would have a moral issue with relying on donations fully to keep a site up and online. I think it asks too much! And im not that kinda guy.

We'll find a way around whatever they do. We always will! can't keep those with passion down!

Anon

I'm sure you have a pretty profound foundation of people here who wouldn't mind giving you all a helping hand, after all this benefits many does it not?

1 minute ago, Anon said:

I'm sure you have a pretty profound foundation of people here who wouldn't mind giving you all a helping hand, after all this benefits many does it not?

Plenty of good people here. And very true!

22 minutes ago, Anon said:

Well there's always proxy chats available

All it will do is create gated ct communities with a more fierce free speech anti globalism policy.... but thats what they want right. they can call ...no....say we are all terrorists!