Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Talon

Twitter Purges Dozens Of "Alt-Right" Accounts

Talon    716

In a move dubbed as "corporate Stalinism" by one of those impacted, overnight Twitter again suspended dozens of accounts associated with the alt-right movement, the same day the social media service said it would crack down on hate speech.

[...]

Speaking to the Daily Caller, Spencer said the move is "is corporate Stalinism." In a YouTube video, entitled Knight of the Long Knives, an apparent reference to the purge of Nazi leaders in 1934 to consolidate Adolf Hitler's power, Spencer said Twitter had engaged in a coordinated effort to wipe out alt-right Twitter.

"I am alive physically but digitally speaking there has been execution squads across the alt right," he said. "There is a great purge going on and they are purging people based on their views."

Spencer said he supported Yiannopoulos and didn't think he should have been banned from Twitter. But, he said in his YouTube video, "Milo was engaging in something that could be called harassment."

"The fact is that I, and a number of other people who have just got banned, weren't even trolling," he said. "I was using Twitter just like I always use Twitter, to give people some updates and maybe to comment on a news story here and there."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-16/twitter-purges-dozens-alt-right-accounts

Just Lookin   
Just Lookin

0hour is gone. Page doesnt exist, not even suspended. 

I dont do twitter so cant search, can anyone link his new page?

Groove    1,957

The SPLC is involved in this! Their basically bragging on social media that they had over 100 Twitter accts completely deleted. Not just suspended but deleted. 

Ukshep    20,202

0hour has had how many accounts wiped now? i really wish i could hurt twitter but i am one man.

They need boycotting. Same as facebook! but when they are so large.... its hard to do unless we got the numbers!

Paradisebaby   
Paradisebaby
1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

0hour has had how many accounts wiped now? i really wish i could hurt twitter but i am one man.

They need boycotting. Same as facebook! but when they are so large.... its hard to do unless we got the numbers!

https://mobile.twitter.com/0hour?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Pretty sure this 0hour...I went through to see if authentic.....he a slippery one....not easily caught

Talon    716

Backlash: Prominent Conservative James Woods Quits Twitter In Censorship Protest

Days after Twitter unleashed a purge of so-called "alt-right" accounts, deleting users without explanation, many speculated that this would lead to an angry backlash in which conservative pundits using Twitter would voluntarily leave the struggling social network in protest over Twitter's suddenly rampant, and dubious, censorship.

Overnight, this was confirmed when actor and prominent conservative commentator James Woods tweeted that "Since @Twitter is now in the #censorship business, I will no longer use its service for my constitutional right to free speech. #GoodbyeAll"

He also changed his bio to say "Twitter has now sadly abdicated its position as a sole beacon of free speech. Voltaire's famous dictum has been quietly buried by these left wing savages."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-18/backlash-prominent-conservative-james-woods-quits-twitter-censorship-protest