Jump to content
Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

LAPD Will Not Help Deport Immigrants Under Trump Administration: Chief Beck

Recommended Posts

 Cinnamon    19,919

Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said Monday that he has no plans to change the LAPD’s stance on immigration enforcement, despite President-elect Donald Trump’s pledge to toughen federal immigration laws and deport millions of people upon taking office.

For decades, the LAPD has distanced itself from federal immigration policies. The LAPD prohibits officers from initiating contact with someone solely to determine whether they are in the country legally, mandated by a special order signed by then-chief Daryl Gates in 1979. During Beck’s tenure as chief, the department stopped turning over people arrested for low-level crimes to federal agents for deportation and moved away from honoring federal requests to detain inmates who might be deportable past their jail terms.

<snip>

http://ktla.com/2016/11/14/lapd-will-not-help-deport-immigrants-under-trump-administration-chief-beck/

This has to be a setup to make it look like Trump was trying to force LAPD to do this. Read the Headline... then read the story.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Quick1966    1,156

Hmmm... So they're going to continue doing the same thing they've done for 35yrs. Ok well I think the real story is people like Andrew Cuomo who think that they're just gonna keep the same old game with sanctuary cities and expect nothing to happen. But me thinks the Don is gonna give them libs an offer they can't refuse. Either stop the games or the Don stops your federal funding. Lets see how long before the libs cave under pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    19,919
8 minutes ago, Quick1966 said:

Hmmm... So they're going to continue doing the same thing they've done for 35yrs. Ok well I think the real story is people like Andrew Cuomo who think that they're just gonna keep the same old game with sanctuary cities and expect nothing to happen. But me thinks the Don is gonna give them libs an offer they can't refuse. Either stop the games or the Don stops your federal funding. Lets see how long before the libs cave under pressure.

I can hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth all the way here and I'm 100 miles away. :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Johnson   
Mr. Johnson

Exactly. Cut them off from the federal teet, and watch them come to heel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robert50   
Robert50
2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said Monday that he has no plans to change the LAPD’s stance on immigration enforcement, despite President-elect Donald Trump’s pledge to toughen federal immigration laws and deport millions of people upon taking office.

For decades, the LAPD has distanced itself from federal immigration policies. The LAPD prohibits officers from initiating contact with someone solely to determine whether they are in the country legally, mandated by a special order signed by then-chief Daryl Gates in 1979. During Beck’s tenure as chief, the department stopped turning over people arrested for low-level crimes to federal agents for deportation and moved away from honoring federal requests to detain inmates who might be deportable past their jail terms.

<snip>

http://ktla.com/2016/11/14/lapd-will-not-help-deport-immigrants-under-trump-administration-chief-beck/

This has to be a setup to make it look like Trump was trying to force LAPD to do this. Read the Headline... then read the story.  

 

That's ok but they better not get in the way of ICE come 2017 and if they play games Federal funds can and will be pulled from the LAPD and the City of LA. Illegal immigrate sanctuary cities are going to go bye bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    19,919
Just now, Robert50 said:

That's ok but they better not get in the way of ICE come 2017 and if they play games Federal funds can and will be pulled from the LAPD and the City of LA. Illegal immigrate sanctuary cities are going to go bye bye.

I can't wait until the freeways are unclogged.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 WhiteHorse    526

Here is where federal law should be inforced at a state level. When it comes to the security of America and financial stability, the laws should be inforced. The cartels are running rampant in California and most other democratic controlled hubs in the U.S. Black tar heroin and meth are more than just an epidemic, it is effecting the U.S. Infrastructure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Jostler    2,216

oh if I were Trump I'd have a ball with this.  I'd go on national TV and suggest that if illegals don't wish to be deported immediately they should move to LA.   Or NY where Cuomo can take care of them.

I'd promise to leave those areas until last while I got the southern border secured and cleaned up the areas that want to be cleaned up. THEN i'd descend on LA and NY with or without the help of local or state law enforcement.

Can you imagine how fast that LA police chief would be canned if Arizona simply emptied into LA over the next two months?  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jump To Top
×