Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

Immigration Officers Celebrate Trump’s Victory

Ukshep    19,999

Immigration Officers Celebrate Trump’s Victory

After a campaign in which Donald Trump promised to end illegal immigration, his victory over Hillary Clinton sent waves of optimism through the ranks of the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency this week.

“A collective sigh of relief was breathed Wednesday morning,” said one deportation officer based in Texas who, like others reached by BuzzFeed News, requested anonymity because they were not permitted to speak to reporters.

Another deportation officer working on the southern border said he hopes Trump will end the “catch-and-release” approach. Right now “I feel like I’m not even working for immigration, I feel like I’m working for a travel agency,” he said. “Welcome to America, here’s your bus ticket, now go on your way.”

“I signed up thinking I was going to enforce immigration laws,” he continued. “Hopefully he is going to fix that.”

The Immigration and Customs Enforcement union, which says it represents 5,000 federal immigration officers, endorsed Donald Trump in late September, the first time it has ever weighed in on a presidential election.

Hillary unavailable for comment... :-(

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kendalltaggart/immigration-officers-celebrate-trumps-victory?utm_term=.arBKJ5zLeX#.aqM4kd28oe

mwahahah hehehehe!