Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

Obama gives up hopes to pass TPP before Trump’s swearing-in

Rate this topic

Cinnamon    16,461

Here's a piece of good news! 

The Obama administration has given up on trying to push through the controversial Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) deal in a lame-duck session as hopes for its last-minute approval, about which there was much speculation prior to the election, faded with During Trump’s victory.

"We have worked closely with Congress to resolve outstanding issues and are ready to move forward, but this is a legislative process and it's up to congressional leaders as to whether and when this moves forward," the spokesman for US Trade Representative Matt McAlvanah said Friday.

President Barack Obama reportedly hoped have the deal approved by Congress before he turns over the White House to Trump. The post-election lame-duck session is set to start Monday, but it is unlikely that the 12-nation trade deal will be on the table.

<snip>

Senator Charles E. Schumer (D-New York), who is expected to be the incoming Senate minority leader, made harsh remarks to trade leaders Wednesday, reportedly pronouncing the TPP “dead.”

<snip> 

https://www.rt.com/usa/366583-obama-tpp-hope-trump/

McConnel says it won't be on the table.   Lame Duck... 

Schumer is the male version of Diane Feinstein. If it's bad for us they vote for it every time.  

Ukshep    14,519
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Here's a piece of good news! 

The Obama administration has given up on trying to push through the controversial Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) deal in a lame-duck session as hopes for its last-minute approval, about which there was much speculation prior to the election, faded with During Trump’s victory.

"We have worked closely with Congress to resolve outstanding issues and are ready to move forward, but this is a legislative process and it's up to congressional leaders as to whether and when this moves forward," the spokesman for US Trade Representative Matt McAlvanah said Friday.

President Barack Obama reportedly hoped have the deal approved by Congress before he turns over the White House to Trump. The post-election lame-duck session is set to start Monday, but it is unlikely that the 12-nation trade deal will be on the table.

<snip>

https://www.rt.com/usa/366583-obama-tpp-hope-trump/

McConnel says it won't be on the table.   Lame Duck... 

Lets hope it does not go anywhere!

TRUMPER   
TRUMPER
24 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Lets hope it does not go anywhere!

I believe it wont. Trump did say it was a horrible deal and he wasnt about it right? I have been glowing for days! Not because i am on Trumps d!ck,because i believe he really cares about America and its citizens. Trump is a movement against the crooked GOV,MEDIA, AND CORPORATIONS.This was a huge statement,just like Brexit but WE wont let them hold this up in court. Trump mite not be GOV savvy but he will definitely pick the person BEST suited for the job.He is a smart and cunning man!He will undo many deals where the globalist bleed America dry. He will make right again and get us working for a better world. I feel at peace for a few weeks.I let all the media BS not even bother me.The emails also.I know in the end the evil fukks are going to get was they deserve.Their end is sooner than later! Stay aware but dont fall for any traps. The world is uniting not dividing like EVERY TAINTED ENTITY will try to portray!!