Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NowServingNumber52

HATE ROBOTS are here and taking over the internet

COMPUTER robots designed to spread hatred are now dominating the internet, a shocking investigation claimed.

So-called "social bots" have been discovered after research found numerous accounts that can post thousands of comments a day, every day, as well as send messages and links.

According to Professor Simon Hegelich, in Munich, these robots act like humans and the ordinary online user cannot tell the difference.

These differ from so-called "trolls" who are real people, invariably paid to spread comments and hate messages.

The trolls can also be paid by companies, political parties or even countries to spread a corporate message to give favourable opinions about them.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/731377/Hate-Robots-trolls-taking-over-internet

Cinnamon    23,070

Thanks! Good stuff! They're used every day on forums where the people are being constantly abused by anons.  Maybe they even make accounts for some of them. Our policy here of not allowing abuse is in part because we are aware of these bots being used at other places. 

Abuse increases traffic because it increases arguments between REAL users and the bots.  Insidious shit. 

Cinnamon    23,070
2 minutes ago, NowServingNumber52 said:

<---------- Been called a 'bot'.   LOL!  ( seriously...)

Argh! Well, I don't know why, you've posted awesome stuff since you've been here. I don't go to other forums much, no time! 

Team Uzi   
Team Uzi
31 minutes ago, NowServingNumber52 said:

<---------- Been called a 'bot'.   LOL!  ( seriously...)

Harold of doom   
Harold of doom

-.-

Psa 139:21  O יהוה, do I not hate them, who hate You? And do I not loathe those who rise up against You? 
Psa 139:22  With a complete hatred I hate them; They have become my enemies. 
Psa 139:23  Search me, O Ěl, and know my heart; Try me, and know my thoughts; 
Psa 139:24  And see if an idolatrous way is in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.