Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Gowdy wins re-election bid to fourth term

Cinnamon    19,745

Republican U.S. Rep. Trey Gowdy was re-elected on Tuesday to the U.S. House District 4 seat, easily defeating his two challengers.

Gowdy, 52, a former prosecutor, first won office in 2010 and easily won re-election in 2012 and 2014. He faced Democrat Chris Fedalei, 27, of Greenville and Constitution Party candidate Michael Chandler, 62, of Inman in his bid for a fourth term.

According to the unofficial results shortly before 1 a.m. Wednesday, Gowdy had received 197,235 votes, Fedalei had received 91,106 votes and Chandler had received 5,045 votes. Some precincts in Greenville County had not yet reported to the State Election Commission.

Gowdy spent Election Day making a final campaign push in Greenville and Spartanburg counties. He attended the Spartanburg County Republican Party’s election results watch party at Buffalo Wild Wings in Spartanburg.

“These folks helped me when I ran for solicitor, and they helped me now,” Gowdy said. “It was important for me to come here (Spartanburg).”

<snip>

http://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/election/article113586818.html#storylink=cpy

I think most of us ignored all the other elections that were going on around the country due to Trump. 

Jump To Top