Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

Watch out for who is going into Trump's Cabinet positions, I'm hearing neo-con's names!

Rate this topic

Cinnamon    15,959

This makes me sick!  I do not want this old guard f***er in there, he's part of the system and their way is to lock us down like Bush and the Patriot Act and the NSA has done.  As someone else said, we need to watch who is going into these positions and make our voices heard!  

Attorney General prospect Giuliani leaves door open to Clinton prosecution

espite the conciliatory tone struck in President-elect Donald Trump’s victory speech early Wednesday morning, the man who could run his Justice Department left the door wide open to prosecuting Hillary Clinton.

Rudy Giuliani, a former federal prosecutor, New York City mayor and a name on Trump's short list for attorney general, said Wednesday on Fox News' “The O’Reilly Factor” that Clinton was a legitimate target to be investigated and disputed that any prosecution would be political “payback.”

“There’s one tradition in America, right? Election is over. We forget about it. There is another tradition in America which is ‘equal justice under the law,’” Giuliani said. “And it would depend on how bad the violations are.”

<snip>

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/10/attorney-general-prospect-giuliani-leaves-door-open-to-clinton-prosecution.html

COBO Member    1,947

The only other name for AG I've heard was Trey Gowdy. Ben Carson has offered to help revamp Obamacare, and I figured he'd be a shoe'in for Surg Gen. Outside of that I haven't heard any speculation.

Sky Cat   
Sky Cat

I can't stand Giuliani but I think because he helped Trump win, Trump feels he owes him something.  The good news is the neocons who are involved with Trump are "grade b" neocons, not the top ones.  I don't like it one bit, but it's a whole lot better than the alternative might have been.

Cinnamon    15,959
2 minutes ago, Sky Cat said:

I can't stand Giuliani but I think because he helped Trump win, Trump feels he owes him something.  The good news is the neocons who are involved with Trump are "grade b" neocons, not the top ones.  I don't like it one bit, but it's a whole lot better than the alternative might have been.

We can still complain, it's what we're supposed to do! As you well know. :chuckle:

Dewdrop    52

Giuliani has a successful security business, hard to see him walk away from that for a job with much more stress and work. But he did campaign his ass off for Trump and was willing to attack Hillary for all of her crimes publicly, which he took a lot of heat for. So for that I have to give him props, he talked about how easy it would have been to prosecute her for the email scandal... I'd rather see him than Gingrich and Palin, too much baggage with those two. Oh and Christie too. Get some lesser known but high ethics people in those positions.

Edited by Dewdrop

Brio    1,038

I guess it's sort of like accepting a promotion to CEO where you can't entirely alienate those in charge of various departments even if the underlings don't like them. Those managers that do know the inner workings and how to handle issues must be brought on board. Trump has to work with what he's going to handed and concession plays a big part in being successful. He can't do it all himself so he needs people who can. He has enough leverage to mess up anyone who f***s up.

Jostler    2,213

I was going to give folks a few days to savor the sweet smell of victory before I began hammering at this :)  But I too am very concerned about the names I am hearing floated for Cabinet positions.

• Like 1

Jostler    2,213
Just now, Brio said:

LOL Trump's the apprentice now.

Damn right he is and our job is to keep him vividly remembering who hired him.

• Like 1

grav   
grav

Whoever gets picked will be better than Lynch, Axelrod, Emanuel, Jarrett, Abedin, and the other BO scum. Gingrich has offered some good advice: don't kowtow to establishment Republicans like Paul Ryan. Build the wall! Be the man we voted for.