Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Prison stocks soar, gun stocks lower following Trump win (LOL!)

Cinnamon    23,108

Oh, is it just me?  Or is the irony of this headline absolutely stunning?  :chuckle:

It’s impossible to say what a Donald Trump presidency will entail, but if the stock market is any indication, investing in private prisons will be great again. Pharmaceuticals and defense stocks also both saw an increase.

Investors are adapting their choices after Trump was declared the winner of the US presidential election. Corrections Corp.’s stock surged 60 percent before paring to 34 percent Wednesday morning, Bloomberg reported. GEO Group, another private detention facility firm, saw their stocks rise by 18 percent.

The Departments of Justice (DOJ) and Homeland Security (DHS) had both announced plans to move away from the private prison system. The DOJ cited safety concerns in an August press release that explained their plans to transition away from private prisons, while DHS announced they would review use of correctional facilities for detained undocumented immigrants.

However, analysts believe Trump’s presidency could halt efforts to phase the use of private contractors for federal corrections facilities.

<snip>

https://www.rt.com/usa/366176-prison-stocks-gun-stocks-trump/

I hope they get rid of the private prison industry, I do not want Trump to bring that back!  Better not start that neo-con shit again, I'm already beat up from that Marxist we've had in there for the past 8 years.