Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dewdrop

January Clinton Pardon

Dewdrop    52

January 19th I believe is the last day for pardons. I was trying to find out when it might take place and I see they are already addressing the question today... Guess I wasn't the only one. But they are investigating the Foundation (s) still , so will the pardon include Bill and Chelsea ? Huh ?

Food for thought, Bill it was shown used the Foundation to personally profit from speeches thanks to the Band emails, not legal... Bill pardoned too ? 

Who else could he pardon ? A whole jail full ? :billworry:

I got 1/9 odds on Hillary's pardon. 👎

http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/white-house-open-to-a-clinton-pardon/

Walk Softly    2,632

Someone brought up a good point about this.  Can you receive a pardon if you haven't been formally charged? 

A preemptive pardon? 

Cinnamon    22,790

No, you can't be pardoned if you have not been convicted of a crime. There's nothing to pardon. 

She isn't a sitting president like Nixon was when Ford did his thing according to that article.  And I believe that it was to be brought before the Supreme court but no one ever did it. That is up for challenge. 

Dewdrop    52

Actually I believe you can preemptive pardon. I heard a radio host say today Ford pardoned Nixon even though he was not under any indictment at the time. I'll have  to research that...

Cinnamon    22,790

LOL Can you imagine what Hillary's pardon would look like?  Would the crimes be listed individually like one by one of the 118 murders they are suspected of facilitating?  hahahahahahaha

Tigerlilly    120

Dewdrop is right.  He can give a a blanket pardon for any crimes committed  between dates even.  So he could pardon her from the time she was SOS until now.