Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Ukshep

California, Nevada and Massachusetts legalize recreational marijuana

Rate this topic

Ukshep    14,392

You did not just vote on trump and win. But you voted on some laws that will make things better for everyone!

Voters around the US have cast ballots for a diverse range of initiatives that seek to reform laws on marijuana, the death penalty, climate change and more. Below are the results as they come in for the most important contests.

Marijuana

Approved: California voters have approved recreational marijuana, a huge victory in the fight for cannabis legalization, paving the way for the largest commercial pot market in the US.

Approved: Massachusetts also voted for recreational pot, extending legal weed from coast to coast.

Approved: Nevada became the third state to approve a recreational cannabis law, making the west an even stronger region for marijuana sales.

Approved: Earlier in the night, Florida voters passed a constitutional amendment to legalize medical marijuana, the first victory in a string of high-profile cannabis measures on Tuesday’s state ballots.

Approved: North Dakota was the second state to approve medical weed, with the approval of Measure 5, which approves the use of marijuana to treat a number of diseases, including cancer, Aids, epilepsy and hepatitis C.

See the full list at the source. Lots of goodies!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/08/state-ballot-initiative-election-results-live-marijuana-death-penalty-healthcare

YourMom2    1,353

Colorado. New Mexico, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington voted Democratic. In the next election will Florida turn from red to blue? Just wondering if there is correlation between pot and dems....not on this forum, of course.  :biggrin:

Dewdrop    52

I think the tide among most is changing on cannabis , espemedical marijuana. Hemp is even getting consideration... that the cotton industry has long lobbied against. Hemp also requires no pesticides to grow unlike cotton thus the chemical Giants are against hemp as well... But except some of the Bible Belt states I believe  marijuana is more acceptable to all parties now. Enlightenment... and I'm not a smoker but I do believe in the power of the plant, cannabinoids and such. It's a God given plant, use it ! 

Ukshep    14,392
1 minute ago, Dewdrop said:

I think the tide among most is changing on cannabis , espemedical marijuana. Hemp is even getting consideration... that the cotton industry has long lobbied against. Hemp also requires no pesticides to grow unlike cotton thus the chemical Giants are against hemp as well... But except some of the Bible Belt states I believe  marijuana is more acceptable to all parties now. Enlightenment... and I'm not a smoker but I do believe in the power of the plant, cannabinoids and such. It's a God given plant, use it ! 

The burning bush!

YourMom2    1,353
2 hours ago, Walk Softly said:

Come on Texas!!  Unfortunately, we'll probably be one of the last states.  

Unfortunately, you are most likely correct. I don't smoke weed but I'd like to see it legalized because it takes some of the traffic away from the drug cartels and creates business opportunities for locals. When the new laws pass it should be retroactive so people that are in jail for getting caught with small amounts are set free.

+1 on hemp. I add the seeds to soups, salads and just about everything!

• Like 1

NorCal guest   
NorCal guest

Californian here. I am pleasantly surprised by this news!

29 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

+1 on hemp. I add the seeds to soups, salads and just about everything!

I think I'm more excited by the prospect of growing hemp than C. Sativa. Food.. fiber... And all the good things stemming from those! (punintended)

Plus there's C. Ruderalis, which looks like a promising species for crossbreeding cold-tolerant strains.

It's too bad there's a limit to what we can grow, but I'm happy things are at least moving forward. Sorry for the Arizonians. But at least Florida got MMJ... didn't think that would happen for quite some time.

Dewdrop    52
29 minutes ago, NorCal guest said:

Californian here. I am pleasantly surprised by this news!

I think I'm more excited by the prospect of growing hemp than C. Sativa. Food.. fiber... And all the good things stemming from those! (punintended)

Plus there's C. Ruderalis, which looks like a promising species for crossbreeding cold-tolerant strains.

It's too bad there's a limit to what we can grow, but I'm happy things are at least moving forward. Sorry for the Arizonians. But at least Florida got MMJ... didn't think that would happen for quite some time.

Yes it's a crime there's laws against hemp, they claim it would hurt law enforcement because obviously it's hard to distinguish when they're flying over in helicopters... but if you tell them where it's being grown for things like clothing, nutrition and paper then it shouldn't be a problem. It all goes back to $$ , politicians lobbied by the big cotton industry, who would be very hurt by hemp use and it's easier to grow and doesn't need the pesticides like cotton. And those pesticides hurt companies like Monsanto... Hemp has a long road to freedom lol. I eat hemp seeds as well.

Edited by Dewdrop

NorCal guest   
NorCal guest
17 minutes ago, Dewdrop said:

Yes it's a crime there's laws against hemp, they claim it would hurt law enforcement because obviously it's hard to distinguish when they're flying over in helicopters... but if you tell them where it's being grown for things like clothing, nutrition and paper then it shouldn't be a problem. It all goes back to $$ , politicians lobbied by the big cotton industry, who would be very hurt by hemp use and it's easier to grow and doesn't need the pesticides like cotton. And those pesticides hurt companies like Monsanto... Hemp has a long road to freedom lol. I eat hemp seeds as well.

I guess it all comes down to the saying, "the love of money is the root of all evil."

To me, keeping a person from growing a plant that God placed on this earth for us to cultivate and consume is very much a tool of oppression. The universe--God's universe--itself gives to us freely! Who are we to tell others they cannot have what God gave them? If it could in fact heal them of many physical and psychological issues? It boggles the mind.