Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NowServingNumber52

SINGLE MOM CHARGED WITH MULTIPLE CRIMES, FACES A YEAR IN JAIL FOR PARTICIPATING IN FACEBOOK FOOD GROUP

Stockton, CA — A single mother of six is now facing down the possibility of being kidnapped by the state and thrown in a cage, away from her children, for a year — for participating in a voluntary Facebook food group.

For years, Mariza Reulas and others enjoyed the fine recipes and food trading in the social media group called 209 Food Spot on Facebook. According to Reulas, this group was a place where people could share recipes, organize potlucks, and, on occasion, sell some of their food to willing neighbors.

“Somebody would be like, ‘Oh I don’t have anything to trade you but I would love to buy a plate,’ like they’d be off of work,” Reulas explained to FOX 40.

However, in the ostensible land of the free, selling a food dish to a willing buyer is akin to rape — or, considering the 3-month sentence of convicted rapist Brock Turner — selling food is far worse than rape, according to the state.

The incident began last December when someone contacted Reulas to purchase a dish of her highly desired homemade ceviche. So, like she always did, Reulas made her signature dish and prepped it for who she thought was a willing customer. However, this was no customer — it was an undercover agent from San Joaquin County.

According to court documents, authorities squandered taxpayer dollars in an elaborate undercover sting operation to bust members of 209 Food Spot — because they did not pay the government the proper extortion fees, via permitting, to sell their food.

Reulas, along with a dozen other entirely innocent community food traders, was targeted by authorities and charged with two misdemeanor crimes — operating a food facility and engaging in business without a permit — for trading homemade dishes.

Everyone else who was charged pleaded down to three years of probation. However, Reulas, rightfully so, refuses to be bullied by these bureaucratic thugs and is taking her case to trial.

Rest here....WTF??

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/food-mother-jail-facebook/

CRT    20
23 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

LOL What a turd that does undercover work like that. 

In ancient Rome/Biblical times they called them publicans. They were the most hated to the people. 

Groove    1,956

Wtf that's like a church making food to sell for a fundraiser what the literal f***! How the hell can some one be arrested for that!!!!

wayno    0

Why does this article not surprise me?? the american military and law enforcement agencies have a very long history of ABUSING vulnerable citizens of not only the 

US but every country in the so called FREE WORLD. I downloaded a how to post from Fakebook once , f***you , come and get me!!!!!!!

Just Sayin!!