Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Former US attorney general Janet Reno dies at 78

Cinnamon    23,095

MIAMI –  Janet Reno, the first woman to serve as U.S. attorney general and the epicenter of several political storms during the Clinton administration, has died. She was 78.

Reno died early Monday from complications of Parkinson's disease, her goddaughter Gabrielle D'Alemberte said. D'Alemberte said Reno spent her final days at home in Miami surrounded by family and friends.

Reno, a former Miami prosecutor who famously told reporters "I don't do spin," served nearly eight years as attorney general under President Bill Clinton, the longest stint in a century.

One of the administration's most recognizable and polarizing figures, Reno faced criticism early in her tenure for the deadly raid on the Branch Davidian compound at Waco, Texas, where sect leader David Koresh and some 80 followers perished.

<snip>

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/07/former-us-attorney-general-janet-reno-dies-at-78.html

I will reserve comment, because I know what this "thing" did in WACO.  Watch Oliver Stone's documentary on that.  That is her legacy! 

Jostler    2,216

one down, so, so many to go.   It's at least nice to be reminded that none of them will escape in the end.  The next thing Janet Reno sees is very likely to be quite terrifying from her perspective :)

Cinnamon    23,095
1 minute ago, Jostler said:

one down, so, so many to go.   It's at least nice to be reminded that none of them will escape in the end.  The next thing Janet Reno sees is very likely to be quite terrifying from her perspective :)

I just hope they don't clone her or put her in a cryogenics lab. 

CSB    2,038

Janet Reno another old leather bag that I wont miss . Ya talk about evil this is what evil looks like in sheep's clothing ..

Ukshep    20,193

Strange timing..... i know yall hate her.... but chances are..... well.... you know where i am going with this!

COBO Member    3,352
2 hours ago, CGK said:

Timing is perfect..No death bed confession from her.

Yeah but now she'll definitely be voting for Hillary tomorrow.

Jostler    2,216
50 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Yeah but now she'll definitely be voting for Hillary tomorrow.

rofl...no doot aboot it!  :)