Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

‘Significant damage’ in key US oil hub Cushing after 5.0 quake shakes central Oklahoma

Cinnamon    23,071

The quake struck some at a depth of just 5km, US Geological Survey reported, revising the magnitude from 5.3 to 5.0.

Despite being a moderate tremor on the Richter scale, the shallow quake resulted in several buildings partly collapsing, also causing a power outage.

https://www.rt.com/usa/365573-oklahoma-cushing-quake-damage/

Lots more pics at link above. This looks pretty bad! 

CGK    2,626

Last night I was at the neighbors house having supper. Their dog was acting very strange. She kept walking from person to person then would sit and stare at them. When I came home my big boy was howling. I freaked out because he NEVER howls. I logged into Cop to see if there was anything going on because the animals were acting so strange. Then I saw the post from yeppers about feeling the quake in Arkansas. I didn't feel the quake in North Texas but the animals sure did.  Keep an eye on your critters, they are a early warning system.

"I thought my whole trailer was going to tip over, it was shaking it so bad," said Cushing resident Cindy Roe, 50. "It was loud and all the lights went out and you could hear things falling on the ground. It was awful and I don't want to have another one."

Cushing's oil storage terminal is one of the world's largest. As of Oct. 28, tank farms in the countryside around Cushing held 58.5 million barrels of crude oil, according to data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration. The community bills itself as the "Pipeline Crossroads of the World."

More:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/earthquake-causes-damage-closes-schools-central-oklahoma-n678811