Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

octopus prime

Minority Report, It's Closer Than You Think

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/article.cfm?recent_news_id=776

The movie Minority Report, based on a short by Philip K. Dick, is a famous example of a techno-police state in the future where crime can be predicted and the perpetrators jailed while still innocent. 

Yet the movie version also shows viewers another unsettling aspect of the future: omnipresent and interconnected facial recognition systems. 

Everywhere Tom Cruise's character goes, he is recognized by interactive billboards, traffic systems and police cameras. 

It is a vision of a world in which exposing your face in public means both instant and permanent recognition by automated systems that know you, track you and never forget. 

Yet in some places, this is no longer fiction. Widespread facial recognition is now becoming a reality for many, especially in places such as New York City, and the consequences may be more sinister and far-reaching than most would think.

A recent Georgetown University study has examined the increasing reliance on facial recognition systems by American police. 

The researchers found that upwards of 117 million Americans now have their unique facial geometry patterns stored in databases that are accessible to the police. The photos from drivers' licenses are now uploaded from 16 states into central FBI databases. 

(cut)

Lucy Barnable    5,054

Yep.
Last time I went to get my ID I had to remove my glasses even though I wear them all the time.
Then she told me I had to pin my bangs back from my face because the face recognition wouldn't work.
So I guess I don't I don't have to worry about being spotted on camera; it won't register when it photographs me. lol 

Jostler    2,216

We've got the incredible computing power necessary to make such things function smoothly  in real time too.  GEOINT is an acronym  that will scare the pants off anyone who even begins to understand what it is.

Team Uzi   
Team Uzi

Minority report LOL 😁.

Yep, he did it or will do it in the future.

Well duh?

Okay what factors would I use?

1) illegally in the country

2) released from prison prematurely

3) criminal history

4) ethnicity (skin color)

5) ethnicity (low IQ)

6) religious ideology

Did I mention ethnicity?

1 hour ago, Team Uzi said:

Minority report LOL 😁.

Yep, he did it or will do it in the future.

Well duh?

Okay what factors would I use?

Did I mention ethnicity?

Yes, you always do.

Team Uzi   
Team Uzi
35 minutes ago, octopus prime said:

Yes, you always do.

LOL 😁

Yep, that's me!

But it's always a consistent barometer.