Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

Paul Ryan to step down after Tuesday

Ukshep    19,902

Oh how i hope this is true!

Several Republican lawmakers said they expect House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) to step down from his leadership role after Tuesday's presidential election, The Hill reported Thursday.

Four House Republicans told the publication that Ryan would step down because he faced a difficult reelection to his position as House Speaker. To win reelection as House Speaker, Ryan would need 218 votes from his own GOP conference.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/gop-reps-paul-ryan-step-speaker-report-article-1.2857324

Jostler    2,216

I hope that little quisling's influence has been curtailed for the rest of his miserable (and hopefully very short) life.  If Trump's candidacy hasn't done anything else it has at least forced these closet neocons out of the closet for all to see.  Except Gingrich....that fox was clever enough to sense the direction the wind was blowing early enough to switch sides and make it look good.  Don't forget Gingrich when the time comes :)  He's an opportunist with a good political nose, not a supporter of draining the swamp. 

Walk Softly    2,639
5 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I hope that little quisling's influence has been curtailed for the rest of his miserable (and hopefully very short) life.  If Trump's candidacy hasn't done anything else it has at least forced these closet neocons out of the closet for all to see.  Except Gingrich....that fox was clever enough to sense the direction the wind was blowing early enough to switch sides and make it look good.  Don't forget Gingrich when the time comes :)  He's an opportunist with a good political nose, not a supporter of draining the swamp. 

I can't stand his voice.  Shallow..  I know.

Ukshep    19,902
27 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

I can't stand his voice.  Shallow..  I know.

I still think he has a hand to play in all this.