Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Malevolent

China's 'Artificial Sun' achieves fusion breakthrough

Malevolent    2,790

Could be revolutionary or it could wipe-out a big portion of China..

SOURCE

Chinese scientists have successfully obtained high-confinement plasma for a record lengthof time, which experts believe will promote the development of internationalthermonuclear fusion research.

The recent experiment was conducted using China’s Experimental AdvancedSuperconducting Tokamak (EAST), an experimental thermonuclear fusion reactor thatreplicates the energy-generating process of the sun. The experiment demonstrated thesustainability of plasma in the H-mode confinement regime, lasting over one minute. Thisachievement will be key to the success of the International Thermonuclear ExperimentalReactor (ITER), the largest international program dedicated to thermonuclear fusionexperiments. It also marks a major step forward for fusion studies, Thepaper.cn reportedon Nov. 2.

Jostler    2,216

Malevolent here's something that hit the wires almost exactly two years ago.  This made a mark on me when it came out because it answers so many of the problems I ran into when I was trying to research Directed Energy Weapons.  I kept asking "but how are they powered??"   DEW's (in many cases, not all) assume an input power of considerable magnitude to make them work.  This would fit the bill:

Compact Fusion - Lockheed Martin

That's no conspiracy website.  Or you might argue it's the ULTIMATE conspiracy website :)  lol

Lets look at some things the reporters that published this little press release said:

Lockheed says makes breakthrough on fusion energy project - Reuters

Tom McGuire, who heads the project, said he and a small team had been working on fusion energy at Lockheed's secretive Skunk Works for about four years, but were now going public to find potential partners in industry and government for their work.

Initial work demonstrated the feasibility of building a 100-megawatt reactor measuring seven feet by 10 feet, which could fit on the back of a large truck, and is about 10 times smaller than current reactors, McGuire told reporters...

<snip>

In a statement, the company, the Pentagon's largest supplier, said it would build and test a compact fusion reactor in less than a year, and build a prototype in five years.

I can expand on this if there is interest, but you can bet if they're openly, publicly talking about  something like this, then they've likely been powering DUMBS with them for years (read that "decades") :)

I suspect that even in this there is an element of "dodge" and misinformation.  The powerplants that make the space based versions of DEW's possible are much more likely to be based on some form of "power from the aether" technology than this fusion stuff.  I suspect this "fusion" stuff will end up serving the same purpose  NASA and reaction mass rocketry have served.  The breakaway space program is very likely powered by ZPE/Tesla type tech and keeping THAT out  of joe schmoe's hands is a huge, huge priority.   I can't imagine why anyone would even award a sideways glance to Tokomak based fusion research any longer :)

Malevolent    2,790

@Jostler Interesting - I suspect @Sky Cat will also know something about this technology.   Man is the instrument of his own destruction of that there is no doubt!  We are simply too clever (not yet clever enough) for our own good!

Sky Cat   
Sky Cat
8 hours ago, Malevolent said:

@Jostler Interesting - I suspect @Sky Cat will also know something about this technology.   Man is the instrument of his own destruction of that there is no doubt!  We are simply too clever (not yet clever enough) for our own good!

If you ask me, it's a bit of a wild goose chase, as Jostler alluded to.  I would add that: The Sun is not "a fusion reactor".  Concepts like that and "quantum mechanics is the future" and "Einstein's Relativity is science", etc, is purely for public consumption and to keep a bunch of mainstream 'scientists' chasing their own tail (in other words, getting nowhere fast).  It's what the science nerds are fed so they never make much progress.

Whilst no doubt fusion reactions could generate power, I agree that there are much better options (the "good stuff") that are being kept out of public awareness.  100% guaranteed, in fact.