Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Millevolt

BREAKING: UK Government loses case to trigger leaving of EU without a Parliamentary vote. This Stops Brexit!

Millevolt    643

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/04/world/europe/uk-brexit-vote-parliament.html?_r=0

LONDON — The British government’s plan for exiting the European Union was thrown into uncertainty on Thursday after the High Court delivered a defeat to Prime Minister Theresa May by ruling that she must seek parliamentary approval before starting the process to leave the bloc.

Ukshep    20,111

Prospect of early general election increases after High Court rules Government cannot trigger Article 50 without parliamentary approval

The High Court has ruled that the Government does not have power to trigger Article 50 without parliamentary approval and a vote from MPs.

Campaigners have won their battle over Theresa May's decision to use the royal prerogative in her Brexit strategy to start the process of leaving the European Union. 

The government have said they will appeal the decision in the Supreme Court. A spokesperson confirmed: "We will appeal this judgment."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/03/high-court-to-rule-on-brexit-legal-battle-and-theresa-mays-decis/

These pieces of shit! You know what this means right?

It has to pass by parliament with a vote from all MPS! and they are all anti-brexit.

Ukshep    20,111
3 hours ago, Millevolt said:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/04/world/europe/uk-brexit-vote-parliament.html?_r=0

LONDON — The British government’s plan for exiting the European Union was thrown into uncertainty on Thursday after the High Court delivered a defeat to Prime Minister Theresa May by ruling that she must seek parliamentary approval before starting the process to leave the bloc.

bah man... i don't even know anymore :unsure:

Stan Hail    190

Sounds like they are working up a big FU to the people.

If or when it goes to Parliament if just 1% of the people who voted for brexit show up outside the Palace of Westminster with a big warm pot of tar and some freshly fluffed feathers I'm sure your elected officials might be coaxed into to pushing the European union exit forward.

Millevolt    643
32 minutes ago, Stan Hail said:

Sounds like they are working up a big FU to the people.

If or when it goes to Parliament if just 1% of the people who voted for brexit show up outside the Palace of Westminster with a big warm pot of tar and some freshly fluffed feathers I'm sure your elected officials might be coaxed into to pushing the European union exit forward.

Quick! Set up a booth selling PITCHFORKS! You'll be a multi-billionaire!

Millevolt    643
46 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

bah man... i don't even know anymore :unsure:

I don't know Shep... All this unfolding right now. We are truly living through what could be the wildest time in human history. One thing for sure. In one week, the world will change by unimaginable proportions, and NONE of us really know what next week will look like...

Quick1966    1,219
1 hour ago, Millevolt said:

I don't know Shep... All this unfolding right now. We are truly living through what could be the wildest time in human history. One thing for sure. In one week, the world will change by unimaginable proportions, and NONE of us really know what next week will look like...

Yeah your last sentence sums it up best! And @Ukshep so sorry to hear about this BS. But I guess we kinda knew they weren't gonna give the people what they voted for without a fight.

Cinnamon    22,993

Tired of it and I don't even live over there!  NWO is there. That fn EU needs to go away, too. Bunch of unelected tax sucking pos.  

Cinnamon    22,993
1 minute ago, Iamawake said:

Enter the new Guy Fawkes lol. History does have a way of repeating itself.

November 5 is 2 days away!