Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Dakota Access pipeline protesters crowdsource for $5,000, get $1 million

Cinnamon    23,078

The crowdsourcing goal was modest: $5,000, enough to help a few dozen people camping in North Dakota to protest the nearby construction of the four-state Dakota Access oil pipeline. The fund has since topped a staggering $1 million.

<snip>

http://www.orrazz.com/2016/11/dakota-access-pipeline-protesters.html

Looks like they're planning to stay for the winter! 

Stan Hail    192

Am I the only one who finds it odd that very few of the protesters are actually Standing Rock Sioux. Even odder is that they had a tribal meeting a few years ago where they could have possibly stopped the pipeline without violence or protest and the meeting was hardly attended and generated little interest, so nothing was done. There is something bigger to this story than a bunch of Native Americans standing up against the man after centuries of oppression, etc, etc. I haven't had the interest to look into this story in great detail yet because of the upcoming elections but I'm starting think it may be time to try and see what I can find behind the picture that's being painted for us on this issue.

Cinnamon    23,078
3 minutes ago, Stan Hail said:

Am I the only one who finds it odd that very few of the protesters are actually Standing Rock Sioux. Even odder is that they had a tribal meeting a few years ago where they could have possibly stopped the pipeline without violence or protest and the meeting was hardly attended and generated little interest, so nothing was done. There is something bigger to this story than a bunch of Native Americans standing up against the man after centuries of oppression, etc, etc. I haven't had the interest to look into this story in great detail yet because of the upcoming elections but I'm starting think it may be time to try and see what I can find behind the picture that's being painted for us on this issue.

I haven't had a chance to look closely either, but I'm hearing rumors of Soros backing, don't know if it's true or not. 

Cinnamon    23,078
1 minute ago, GoingHome said:

After they stop the pipeline they can help me out with the mortgage.

They're saying it's going out as fast as it comes in... sounds like pols are running it to me. Hoping this is not another Soros game. 

GoingHome    113

Soros...  what a piece of shit that guy is.  It could be a political thing for all we know.  They should at least re-route it around there land.  One thing we know for sure though is that they will stop at NOTHING to build that pipeline.

Cinnamon    23,078
1 minute ago, GoingHome said:

"their"  not there.  Sorry.  I promise I'm not stupid.  :facepalm:

That won't get you into the hall of fame of typos, it takes something like Clingon instead of Clinton. :lmao: