Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Bill & Hillary Clinton Extramarital Affairs 1992 60 Minutes

Cinnamon    28,921

Published on Oct 24, 2015

Hillary Rodham Clinton's first appearance on 60 Minutes is a far cry from where she sits today. Back then, the man beside her was Bill, then governor of Arkansas and a first-time presidential candidate, and she was simply "his wife, Hillary." The purpose of the interview was to answer allegations that Bill had engaged in a 12-year extramarital affair with Gennifer Flowers.

"I'm not sitting here some little woman standing by my man like Tammy Wynette," Hillary famously told Steve Kroft in that 1992 interview. "I'm sitting here because I love him and I respect him."

In 1992, Clinton Conceded Marital 'Wrongdoing'
Jan. 26, 1992

In a gamble to shield his presidential candidacy from allegations of marital infidelity, then-Arkansas Gov. Bill Clinton went on TV on Jan. 26, 1992 to deny allegations by Gennifer Flowers, an Arkansas state employee and part-time cabaret singer, that the two had engaged in a 12-year affair.

Clinton also asked the American people to set aside questions about what he called "wrongdoing" in his marriage and not allow the news media to turn the 1992 campaign into "a game of 'gotcha.' "

Following are the interview of Clinton and his wife, Hillary, by Steve Kroft of CBS's "60 Minutes."

Ukshep    25,452
13 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I can dredge up crap too...

hehe you are going to attract hillary shills!

Cinnamon    28,921
Just now, Ukshep said:

hehe you are going to attract hillary shills!

They can't defend this, so let them come. :)