Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Ben & Jerry's releases statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement (boycott!)

Cinnamon    28,895

BURLINGTON, Vt. -

Ben and Jerry's has joined the Black Lives Matter movement.

The ice cream company posted a statement signed by the founders Friday on its website. The company's tweet was retweeted nearly 40,000 times and liked more than 53,000 times.

"They matter because they are children, brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers," the statement opens. "They matter because the injustices they face steal from all of us -- white people and people of color alike. They steal our very humanity."

<snip>

http://m.wcvb.com/news/ben-jerrys-releases-statement-supporting-black-lives-matter-movement/42020904

LOL I guess BLM doesn't take their ice cream when they're looting.

Cinnamon    28,895
Just now, Quick1966 said:

Lol! Yeah most convenient stores don't carry that brand. It's too expensive.

LOL Circle K does! 

Cinnamon    28,895
Just now, Quick1966 said:

What!? Wow I didn't know that. 

Yep, I bought some there before. I will miss the Salted Caramel, but not that much! 

Cinnamon    28,895
33 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

I read that they supported BLM awhile ago but now it's official. Grrrr

Anyone know of a good substitute for Cherry Garcia?

Milk is bad for us anyway. Go cold turkey! lol

Ukshep    25,406
1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

BURLINGTON, Vt. -

Ben and Jerry's has joined the Black Lives Matter movement.

The ice cream company posted a statement signed by the founders Friday on its website. The company's tweet was retweeted nearly 40,000 times and liked more than 53,000 times.

"They matter because they are children, brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers," the statement opens. "They matter because the injustices they face steal from all of us -- white people and people of color alike. They steal our very humanity."

<snip>

http://m.wcvb.com/news/ben-jerrys-releases-statement-supporting-black-lives-matter-movement/42020904

LOL I guess BLM doesn't take their ice cream when they're looting.

one more brand to my shitlist. If this keeps going im not going to be able to feed myself nice things.

Cinnamon    28,895
Just now, Ukshep said:

one more brand to my shitlist. If this keeps going im not going to be able to feed myself nice things.

We're better off not eating it anyway, shep. 

Ukshep    25,406
Just now, Cinnamon said:

We're better off not eating it anyway, shep. 

I guess! but not like i am missing it. ain't had ice cream in years! cant miss what you forget :)

Lucy Barnable    5,393
16 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Milk is bad for us anyway. Go cold turkey! lol

True, true... I'll give cold turkey a try but I'm not happy about it. I eat enough cheese to choke a horse anyway. Now if the cheese makers go full tard there will be problems...big problems. lol

Cinnamon    28,895
2 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

True, true... I'll give cold turkey a try but I'm not happy about it. I eat enough cheese to choke a horse anyway. Now if the cheese makers go full tard there will be problems...big problems. lol

@McWest  Need reinforcements asap! lol