Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

California First Again! (At being stupid!)

Cinnamon    28,893

California Becomes First State To Request "Waiver" To Offer Obamacare To Illegal Immigrants

Apparently California Governor Jerry Brown was not convinced by Obama's denials as he signed a bill back in June that allowed the state to apply for a federal waiver to open Covered California to illegal immigrants.  And, lest you thought it was a bluff, Covered California’s Executive Director Peter Lee has just sent a letter (attached in its entirety below) to the Health and Human Services Secretary, Sylvia Burwell, requesting a waiver to "expand access to undocumented individuals."

<snip>

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-06/california-wants-obamacare-illegal-immigrants?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Haha! My state is full of a bunch of lying ass liberal hypocrites!  Thank goodness I live in an outlying area full of Conservatives! The snowflakes that span decades in terms of age groups are determined to ruin us all! 

expert on stuff   
expert on stuff

Well, as long as the legals demand cheap labor, the supply is going to meet that demand. And since slavery is now outlawed due to those goddamn progressives, who's going to pick up the slack doing fieldwork and other undesirable labor? Not me. That much is certain.

expert on stuff   
expert on stuff

But I'm right there with you OP. These illegals can pick my fruit, they can clean my house and watch my kids, they can groom my yard, they can roll my burritos. But basic health care? Over my dead body.

Cinnamon    28,893
Just now, expert on stuff said:

Well, as long as the legals demand cheap labor, the supply is going to meet that demand. And since slavery is now outlawed due to those goddamn progressives, who's going to pick up the slack doing fieldwork and other undesirable labor? Not me. That much is certain.

That would apply as long as they were only doing fieldwork and other undesirable labor, but they're not.  

Cinnamon    28,893
1 minute ago, expert on stuff said:

But I'm right there with you OP. These illegals can pick my fruit, they can clean my house and watch my kids, they can groom my yard, they can roll my burritos. But basic health care? Over my dead body.

Glad you can afford to hire people to do all that for you, most cannot! Do you really think everyone is rich? Sounds that way.

expert on stuff   
expert on stuff
3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Glad you can afford to hire people to do all that for you, most cannot! Do you really think everyone is rich? Sounds that way.

My workforce is YUGE!!!!! Yours isn't?

expert on stuff   
expert on stuff
4 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

That would apply as long as they were only doing fieldwork and other undesirable labor, but they're not.  

That's why workers quarters and strict curfews were better. But liberalism killed America. So.

Cinnamon    28,893

If you count me as my own workforce, nope, not Yuge.I also don't hire illegals to do any work on my house or in my yard. I hire licensed contractors when I need something done. No idea who you're quoting there, but i will say this Expert, you are in territory you are NOT an expert on. I live here and I know what's up.  Liberalism is killing America right now. Don't worry, it'll soon be gone because the libs will soon run out of everyone else's cash to give to other people. 

expert on stuff   
expert on stuff
8 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

If you count me as my own workforce, nope, not Yuge.I also don't hire illegals to do any work on my house or in my yard. I hire licensed contractors when I need something done. No idea who you're quoting there, but i will say this Expert, you are in territory you are NOT an expert on. I live here and I know what's up.  Liberalism is killing America right now. Don't worry, it'll soon be gone because the libs will soon run out of everyone else's cash to give to other people. 

ME NOT AN EXPERT!?!? Why I never!

:shocked:

(So what do we do now? I have no stage directions following "Why I never!" End of scene?)

COBO Member    4,286
32 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

California Becomes First State To Request "Waiver" To Offer Obamacare To Illegal Immigrants

Apparently California Governor Jerry Brown was not convinced by Obama's denials as he signed a bill back in June that allowed the state to apply for a federal waiver to open Covered California to illegal immigrants.  And, lest you thought it was a bluff, Covered California’s Executive Director Peter Lee has just sent a letter (attached in its entirety below) to the Health and Human Services Secretary, Sylvia Burwell, requesting a waiver to "expand access to undocumented individuals."

<snip>

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-06/california-wants-obamacare-illegal-immigrants?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Haha! My state is full of a bunch of lying ass liberal hypocrites!  Thank goodness I live in an outlying area full of Conservatives! The snowflakes that span decades in terms of age groups are determined to ruin us all! 

I was stationed in the same squadron with "Duke" Cunningham back in the 70s. Makes me wonder where he would fall on this had he not been tossed out.

Tigerlilly    143

Amen!  If the only people available to work are citizens who have to be paid the minimum wage, then that is what businesses will have to hire.  Im sick and tired of people acting like we are taking advantage of illegals who work cheaply.  They come here voluntarily and take work from Americans who need the work.  Americans will work and if it costs more, the market will adjust to accomodate that. Im tired of illegals getting freebies that hardworking taxpayers must pay for.  We have more than enough citizens who need cheaper healthcare.  As it is, obamacare is forcing us all to pay more and get less than we did 5 years ago.  I come from a family of immigrants that came here legally and didnt have much, but they worked for everything they had. Rant over!

Cinnamon    28,893
2 minutes ago, Tigerlilly said:

Amen!  If the only people available to work are citizens who have to be paid the minimum wage, then that is what businesses will have to hire.  Im sick and tired of people acting like we are taking advantage of illegals who work cheaply.  They come here voluntarily and take work from Americans who need the work.  Americans will work and if it costs more, the market will adjust to accomodate that. Im tired of illegals getting freebies that hardworking taxpayers must pay for.  We have more than enough citizens who need cheaper healthcare.  As it is, obamacare is forcing us all to pay more and get less than we did 5 years ago.  I come from a family of immigrants that came here legally and didnt have much, but they worked for everything they had. Rant over!

It took me awhile to get back to this thread because while I was gone, I watered my plants, washed my dishes, made some food and put in a load of laundry, which I will have to fold and put away all by myself.  My maid, gardener and cook are all me. LOL  I don't even have any insurance right now because of circumstances beyond my control at the moment, I'm not going to Obamacare, they can shove it up their azz and I'm not paying a fine. If I get sick, I'll just go to the emergency room and say NO HABLA ENGLISH! just like the illegals do. Let the liberals pay for it, I've been paying long enough for the trash they want to bring into the U.S.  Personally, I think anyone who wants illegals here to have benefits should take them into their homes and raise them like they are their children, even if they're 50 years old!  My rant will never be over!