Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Pet cats banned in ISIS-held Mosul, jihadists search homes - report

Cinnamon    28,899

Islamists in Iraq’s city of Mosul have issued a fatwa banning the city’s residents from keeping the felines at home claiming the new law supports jihadists’ “vision, ideology and beliefs”.

Keeping cats at home is no longer allowed for Mosul residents, the terrorist group Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISISL) said in the new decree. “Islamic State’s Central Fatwa Committee issued a fatwa against the breeding of cats inside houses in Mosul,” Iraqi’s Al Sumaria reported on Tuesday.

<snip>

https://www.rt.com/viral/361719-isis-ban-cats-mosul/

So no one can have a pet cat now? Is this the epitome of insanity or what?  Why aren't they banning dogs, I know from my own personal experience that Muslims hate them. 

Well, I can say that cat breeding inside houses is a nasty proposition, I've worked in cat rescue and most of the time we'd rescue the cats because of out of control numbers and total filth, the cats actually will destroy an entire house if not kept in check. 

However, if someone is not a hoarder this won't happen and most are not.  And people should be allowed to do whatever the f*** they want as long as they do no harm.  

Pidgeons are also not allowed according to this article. 

Look at what a wonderful job the U.S. did by invading Iraq, now people have to live under this shit kind of rule.  Saddam Hussein was a f***ing angel compared to these SOBs, at least some of the people were able to live a normal life.  

One of these days, the people of the United States are going to pay dearly for what our so-called leaders have done in our name!  

grav   
grav

:slapself: from your link --

A similar fatwa banning the breeding of pigeons was reportedly issued by IS in June. The group at the time claimed that “the sight of the birds' genitals as they fly overhead is offensive to Islam,” The Daily Mail reported.