Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

timetraveler2015

Pepper spray attack at airport in Rhodes, Greece!

Updated 18:23, 5 Oct 2016

By Anthony Bond

A major airport in Greece has been evacuated with reports of travellers coughing and suffering from stinging eyes.

Passengers at Rhodes Airport have been told to wait outside with pictures showing crowds waiting outside the terminal.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/rhodes-airport-evacuated-passengers-coughing-8985836

Stan Hail    213

I get a  403 forbidden message when I go tot he link. I searched for another source for this story and could not find one. I did find another mirror.co.uk link but it was also forbidden.  So I'm not sure if this one is real.

*edit- figured out how to open the link, which was kind of weird, it wouldn't let me open it in another tab. I had to open a new window.  Still no one else seems to be supporting this story yet, that I could find.

Cinnamon    24,796
1 minute ago, Stan Hail said:

I get a  403 forbidden message when I go tot he link. I searched for another source for this story and could not find one. I did find another mirror.co.uk link but it was also forbidden.  So I'm not sure if this one is real.

I just clicked it again and it still works fine for me. 

Stan Hail    213

If true I'm guessing it was likely an inadvertent pepper spray discharge. If it were anything else I'm guessing more news outlets would already be carrying it. Even in a large indoor space it's amazing how strong the airborne residue of some pepper sprays can be and how long they linger.

Stan Hail    213
29 minutes ago, timetraveler2015 said:

You can't travel with it on an airliner here in the US but if someone had some in their checked bag, aerosols often explode in bags stored in the cargo hold. That someone opened a bag that this occurred in could be a possibility.