Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Malevolent

Now that's gratitude!

Stan Hail    213

I believe this is a follow up to the confrontation in the parking lot with the lawyer and the foul mouthed arab woman.

If so, fantastic.

This is again another story that snopes will not admit is completely true and instead are referring to it as a "mixture" .

I highly doubt he stole two million

In my town you can buy EBT cards for half face value, so if the card has 200$, you can usually get it for 100$

Idk, I kinda wish they drug-tested applicants for EBT

I got my card one time, when I really needed it to get back up on my feet, and I felt fine about getting it considering how many years I put into the workforce, paying taxes

Used it for 3 months and that was it, never looked back

I've talked to people that have been getting EBT for years { that kind of shit pisses me off, tbh }

Personally I would ship him and his family to Liberia for being d-bags

Stan Hail    213
1 hour ago, Conspiraderp said:

I highly doubt he stole two million

In my town you can buy EBT cards for half face value, so if the card has 200$, you can usually get it for 100$

Idk,I kinda wish they drug-tested applicants for EBT

I got my card one time, when I really needed it to get back up on my feet, and I felt fine about getting it considering how many years I put into the workforce, paying taxes

Used it for 3 months and that was it, never looked back

I've talked to people that have been getting EBT for years { that kind of shit pisses me off, tbh }

Personally I would ship him and his family to Liberia for being d-bags

The report I saw said he stole thousands. It's his bail that is set at 2 million.

"I kinda wish they drug-tested applicants for EBT"  -  I'm not a fan of any drug testing but especially government drug testing (even for criminals who are not in the system for a drug related offense).  Sure drug use can be a red flag but there are also as many who would test positive who actually feed their kids with the EBT. I'd hate to punish the ones using the welfare system honestly to stop the bad apples in this case. I'd rather see them go after the EBT buyers and sellers.  Also, as a side effect you'd probably increase the workload of CPS, pay for the drug tests and have to finance more foster parents which is food stamps plus a monthly stipend so the tax payer cost would increase.

Well, I think that's it's worth it for several reasons

The main one is that by cracking down, the money that is meant to help people who are helping themselves can actually go to them and not people who primarily are just looking for handouts

Personally I think cannabis use is fine, but maybe in the case of parents getting EBT for families, I would require testing clean of cannabis

I just also know, that as a lifelong user of cannabis, that most of the negative effects attributed to it are tripe, { I worked 60-80 hours a week, always high }

But aside from drug testing, imo, they need to limit things people can buy.

Instead of just being able to go into the store and buy shopping carts full of chips and soda and other garbage foods, they should be limited to items that require them to get some education on how to cook from scratch, because that is how you actually save a ton of money in a household where money is tight

The fact that many people living off EBT eat crap diets means that they will develop numerous health problems ....who's going to pay for all of that too ?

You know who

I know damn well that if you tallied all the food purchased in the US with EBT, you would find a very low amount of money being spent on staples like flour, butter, salt, sugar, eggs, etc, and a large amount of money spent on soda, chips, candy, prepared junk foods { and who knows what else }

As a retired chef, I have to call BS on this situation with EBT

If EBT households are really concerned about making dollars stretch, then we would see them trying to

Then, on top of that, I have seen people in the grocery stores with stacks of EBT cards, purchasing steaks and then walking out and driving off in a 60,000$ Mercedes sports car

It burns me up sometimes

No matter how you slice it, the system leaks money like pantyhose holds water, so something has to be done