Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

How good is your memory?

Cinnamon    28,899

How good is YOUR memory? Take the simple test that reveals how sharp you really are

The test was devised for Femail by memory champion Chester Santos

Santos believes it is our reliance on smart phones that is affecting memory

Using clever strategies Santos says everyone can improve memory

His advice includes using visualisation and adding smell to memory

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3809530/Take-simple-test-reveals-good-memory-really-is.html#ixzz4M3ziliVj

I scored 11. 

Malevolent    3,446

I used to include this type of thing in lectures. - My take has always been that the brain is a "muscle" and the more you exercise it the stronger it gets.

Memory is actually a simply filing cabinet.  We tend to have very disorientated filing cabinets.  If you constantly instruct your brain to file things in a logical manner you will remember more.

Here's a test:  When you go to bed - take a few minutes and try and remember what happened in the previous day.  Try to remember from the moment you put your foot out of the bed until "now".  Then, when you get up the next morning, make a conscious effort to try and "file" information better.  Then again do the same exercise when you go to bed.  Keep this up and you will increase the percentage of what you can remember (recall) by more than double.  Simply because your "filing cabinet" is more logically arranged.  In a sense you have defraged  your brain.

OK so here's how I approached that little exercise of @Cinnamon's link

There was a Monkey sitting on an Iron Rope in front of a House flying a Kite made of Paper.  There was a Worm in his Shoe.  I wrote on an Envelope with a Pencil there's Cheese on the Rock under the Tree at the River.

All I had to do was repeat my little story two or three times and I had all the words.  Best of all is that in a week's time @Cinnamon will not remember 11 words, but I will repeat my little story close to faultless.

:banana:  There's some valuable free advice!  LOL

thedudeabides    2,609
16 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

How good is YOUR memory? Take the simple test that reveals how sharp you really are

The test was devised for Femail by memory champion Chester Santos

Santos believes it is our reliance on smart phones that is affecting memory

Using clever strategies Santos says everyone can improve memory

His advice includes using visualisation and adding smell to memory

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3809530/Take-simple-test-reveals-good-memory-really-is.html#ixzz4M3ziliVj

I scored 11. 

10 :/

Moore home   
Moore home
18 hours ago, Malevolent said:

I used to include this type of thing in lectures. - My take has always been that the brain is a "muscle" and the more you exercise it the stronger it gets.

Memory is actually a simply filing cabinet.  We tend to have very disorientated filing cabinets.  If you constantly instruct your brain to file things in a logical manner you will remember more.

Here's a test:  When you go to bed - take a few minutes and try and remember what happened in the previous day.  Try to remember from the moment you put your foot out of the bed until "now".  Then, when you get up the next morning, make a conscious effort to try and "file" information better.  Then again do the same exercise when you go to bed.  Keep this up and you will increase the percentage of what you can remember (recall) by more than double.  Simply because your "filing cabinet" is more logically arranged.  In a sense you have defraged  your brain.

OK so here's how I approached that little exercise of @Cinnamon's link

There was a Monkey sitting on an Iron Rope in front of a House flying a Kite made of Paper.  There was a Worm in his Shoe.  I wrote on an Envelope with a Pencil there's Cheese on the Rock under the Tree at the River.

All I had to do was repeat my little story two or three times and I had all the words.  Best of all is that in a week's time @Cinnamon will not remember 11 words, but I will repeat my little story close to faultless.

:banana:  There's some valuable free advice!  LOL

I would do this in school make the whole thing about sex it works better