Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

WHISTLEBLOWER: VETERANS CORPSES ROTTING IN CHICAGO VA’S MORGUE

Cinnamon    24,728

The Department of Veterans Affairs can’t seem to keep up with the burden of their heavy workload. They’ve taken flack for administrative corruption, long wait times, and even negligent responses to suicidal soldiers seeking assistance.

The latest scandal to break paints another bleak picture. A whistle-blower at an Illinois VA hospital has leaked news that bodies of dead veterans have been left unclaimed in the morgue for up to two months.

Complaints were lodged with the VA’s inspector general last month about the Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital’s handling of cadavers. In some cases, veterans’ families had not claimed the bodies. The complaint names Christopher Wirtjes, chief of Patient Administrative Services. “The Chief of PAS has the funds available,” the complaint reads, “yet has no sense of urgency to lay the veteran to rest.”

Sen. Mark Kirk, R-Ill., has called for Wirtjes to be fired.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Whistleblower%3A_Veterans_Corpses_Rotting_In_Chicago_VA’s_Morgue/54462/0/38/38/Y/M.html

Fired? Only FIRED? This is an abomination of epic proportions. Damn government workers can't do ANYTHING right!  ugh ugh ugh! 

Being former Military and a Veteran myself this is "SICK!" But considering where the article comes from and I have not seen it on other news sites I would have to have more than just this article.

The level of decay was so pronounced that at least one of the bodies had liquefied. When the staff tried to remove it, the body-bag burst. 

The above is from the article....Google Putrefaction.

Cinnamon    24,728
4 minutes ago, Village Lunatic said:

Being former Military and a Veteran myself this is "SICK!" But considering where the article comes from and I have not seen it on other news sites I would have to have more than just this article.

The above is from the article....Google Putrefaction.

http://tribunist.com/news/a-new-low-even-for-the-va-vets-corpses-found-rotting-in-chicago-vas-morgue/

Quick1966    1,220

Wow that's truly despicable! That person cares so little about people that letting their bodies rot in the morgue while he collects a paycheck doesn't faze him. People like that should be forced to dig ditches for a living. Sadly there are lots of people in government that are like this.

Cinnamon    24,728
12 minutes ago, Quick1966 said:

Wow that's truly despicable! That person cares so little about people that letting their bodies rot in the morgue while he collects a paycheck doesn't faze him. People like that should be forced to dig ditches for a living. Sadly there are lots of people in government that are like this.

Grave digger would be a fitting job, don't you think?  

Stan Hail    213

Fox states that information comes from an inspector general's report. The inspector general is part of the US Department of Health and Human Services. So this story is pretty legit.  I read someone here using snopes as verification as to whether a story was true or false. Other said it was not a good or non-biased source , which I agree with. Further proof of this is that they list this story as mostly false http://www.snopes.com/veterans-corpses-found-rotting/  and make no mention of an inspector generals report

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Grave digger would be a fitting job, don't you think?  

Nothing they do to him will be good enough....I do not have many pet peeves but disrespect to the dead is one I cannot tolerate,

Cinnamon    24,728
4 minutes ago, Stan Hail said:

Fox states that information comes from an inspector general's report. The inspector general is part of the US Department of Health and Human Services. So this story is pretty legit.  I read someone here using snopes as verification as to whether a story was true or false. Other said it was not a good or non-biased source , which I agree with. Further proof of this is that they list this story as mostly false http://www.snopes.com/veterans-corpses-found-rotting/  and make no mention of an inspector generals report

I stopped using SNOPES as a debunker site a long time ago. They went from being a lowly married couple debunking stories to the heights they've achieved now.  They didn't get all that money to pay a staff of what must be hundreds or even thousands to vet all these things, so I figure they sold out to the dark side. I've never seen them claim a story true that is anti-government, maybe they have, but I haven't researched anything there that has been said was true by them about gov. They are as low as any hit site out there in my opinion.

Quick1966    1,220
20 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I stopped using SNOPES as a debunker site a long time ago. They went from being a lowly married couple debunking stories to the heights they've achieved now.  They didn't get all that money to pay a staff of what must be hundreds or even thousands to vet all these things, so I figure they sold out to the dark side. I've never seen them claim a story true that is anti-government, maybe they have, but I haven't researched anything there that has been said was true by them about gov. They are as low as any hit site out there in my opinion.

Yup! They're paid opposition.

Oregonian    439

Someone want to post a live feed of all the vets protesting in that area for their disrespected brothers?

What no protests?

How weak weve become. Even our vets don't care?