Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

What is sigil magic?

Cinnamon    24,840

Basics of Sigil Magic

What is sigil

Sigil (originates from latin siggilum, which means “seal" or possibly from Hebrew seagull, which means “word, action or item of spiritual effect)“ is a symbol, which is created for the special purpose: to manifest our desire. For a magical purpose it can be a sign or an image, which represents our desire and carries its essence. Sigil is a message to our unconsciousness, the call for change or action or transformation, which we normally cannot achieve, because of the limits of our rational self, the mind.

<snip>

http://www.white-magic-love-spells.info/sigil_magic.html

I'm sure some will say this is "of the devil".  But, I believe that we are supposed to use certain tools at our disposal, including our minds! as long as they do no harm to others.  Sigil is a very interesting concept. I guess I've been using a form of it for a long time, though it's not done the way they describe it here. When I really want to manifest something, I write it down on a piece of paper. As a goal. If I REALLY want it, it will manifest every single time. If my desire is lukewarm... it will not present.  I make sure that paper is on the mirror or somewhere that I read it at least a couple of times each day.  It works. But, that doesn't mean that is all it takes to make it manifest, I also have to move toward that goal and do the things necessary to make it present. The universe assists me in putting me in situations and meeting the right people in order to make this happen. Sometimes, it's amazing the way it happens. 

DarkKnightNomeD    2,079

Very interesting.

"You should always formulate in present and begin with “I am…." "

The second example - Writing/drawing reminds me of Petroglyphs for some odd reason. ( maybe I am putting to much thought into this.) - Going to reread this again.

Ukshep    21,648

Want to know who is part of the system.... Against the people. I am not talking all illuminati, some are independent... then look for who uses sigil magic. AJ, MSM, RT who else?

grav   
grav

White magic, hmm. I have a male relative who is a white warlock. Magic doesn't seem to help him at all.

Magic means trickery to me. Like the magician who makes an elephant disappear. 

There is a logical reason for everything. The human mind is a powerful electric battery. We exist in an aether (true matrix) of electrons. Maybe the pineal gland is the organ which connects electrically with the electrons which will fulfill the heart's desire.

Lucy Barnable    5,365
12 hours ago, grav said:

White magic, hmm. I have a male relative who is a white warlock. Magic doesn't seem to help him at all.

Magic means trickery to me. Like the magician who makes an elephant disappear. 

There is a logical reason for everything. The human mind is a powerful electric battery. We exist in an aether (true matrix) of electrons. Maybe the pineal gland is the organ which connects electrically with the electrons which will fulfill the heart's desire.

There is no such thing as white or black magic; magic is magic and it's all selfish.
If it isn't working for your relative it's most likely because he doesn't acknowledge that.

A lot of people use sigil magic without even knowing they're doing so.
When making or building something people often sketch what they want it to look like.
That's a simple form of it. First you think of it, then you create it on paper, then you make it real.

Symbols can be very powerful.
Even if we don't consciously realize what we're seeing they have an affect.
Many are also universal. They will invoke the same feeling in people across cultures.

Cinnamon    24,840
30 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

There is no such thing as white or black magic; magic is magic and it's all selfish.
If it isn't working for your relative it's most likely because he doesn't acknowledge that.

A lot of people use sigil magic without even knowing they're doing so.
When making or building something people often sketch what they want it to look like.
That's a simple form of it. First you think of it, then you create it on paper, then you make it real.

Symbols can be very powerful.
Even if we don't consciously realize what we're seeing they have an affect.
Many are also universal. They will invoke the same feeling in people across cultures.

Yes, I always use my "goal setting" that I put on paper and drawings for what I want for myself. So yes, it is selfish. I believe everyone should do it on their own, not try and influence others with something like that. 

Lucy Barnable    5,365
2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Yes, I always use my "goal setting" that I put on paper and drawings for what I want for myself. So yes, it is selfish. I believe everyone should do it on their own, not try and influence others with something like that. 

Being selfish isn't always a bad thing. Nothing would get done if we did want for something.
What I was getting at is if someone used magic to help out someone else it's still a selfish act.
They do it because they care about that person or that cause so it benefits them as well as the other.
People give to charities, for example, because helping others makes them feel good about themselves.
Those who call themselves White Witches or Warlocks are either ignorant or in denial of what they are doing.
That's why it generally doesn't work out too well for them. Honesty with and understanding of yourself is essential. 
Bad things can happen without it. But sigil magic is probably about the most simple and safe form. Anyone can do it.

Cinnamon    24,840
3 hours ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Being selfish isn't always a bad thing. Nothing would get done if we did want for something.
What I was getting at is if someone used magic to help out someone else it's still a selfish act.
They do it because they care about that person or that cause so it benefits them as well as the other.
People give to charities, for example, because helping others makes them feel good about themselves.
Those who call themselves White Witches or Warlocks are either ignorant or in denial of what they are doing.
That's why it generally doesn't work out too well for them. Honesty with and understanding of yourself is essential. 
Bad things can happen without it. But sigil magic is probably about the most simple and safe form. Anyone can do it.

True and nothing would be created either. :)  

Quiet Storm    989

Very intriguing thread over at ats going on about Sigil Magic.  Hit the recent posts button,  usually on the front page,  been going for several days now. 

wow   
wow

To be honest, when I went to the website the explanation came off strange. I have to lack thought, or forget my desired outcome? I understand becoming detached emotionally, detaching from our survival mode from our reptilian brain component, but being thoughtless? That is absurd, I cannot agree with that, to forget about what I want to do is counter intuitive.

I understand taking a step back and being open minded towards other ideas, and doing my best to put myself in someone else's shoes, but to just not think about what I want to happen takes away from the purpose of doing what I can to make that happen. The site has a f***ing pentagram for an icon, and it would seem the people there conflate being of superior consciousness to be unconscious, which is also absurd. Maybe you've had some different experiences and you would like to share them with cause I don't believe this makes any sense from everything Iv'e learned.