Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

Student Suspended, Visited by Cops, Forced Psych Eval — For Pro 2nd Amendment School Project

Ukshep    21,604

This is insane! but you know its a problem in schools.... they just keep conforming these little minds.... one day we will break free.. because this type of thing does not sit well with anyone with a brain.

Manville, NJ — Time out, lunch detention, and in-school suspension are all forms of discipline, among others, which teachers have employed to punish students for misbehavior. But after Frank Harvey, 17, a Manville, NJ, high school senior, completed a pro-2nd Amendment project, his school ordered him to get his head checked.

The incident began Monday after Harvey, as many students sometimes do, left his USB drive in the computer lab. Another student opened Harvey’s 11th-grade project and reported him to school officials.

At 7pm Monday evening, Harvey’s family said they were paid a visit by local law enforcement, who investigated Harvey’s claims the project was from last school year, and cleared him of any criminal mischief.

But that apparently wasn’t enough to satisfy the Manville School District who suspended and then promptly ordered Harvey to undergo a 5-hour psychological evaluation stemming from the months later discovery of his anti-gun control project.

It seems the teacher, who assigned the work, can no longer recall having done so. But the 12th grader disagrees and so does his family.

Harvey said his teacher approved his topic (against gun control), he completed the project, and received an “A” for his efforts.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/school-orders-psych-eval-2nd-amendment/#lCILbwOB52i5psDR.99

Quiet Storm    989
1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

This is insane! but you know its a problem in schools.... they just keep conforming these little minds.... one day we will break free.. because this type of thing does not sit well with anyone with a brain.

Manville, NJ — Time out, lunch detention, and in-school suspension are all forms of discipline, among others, which teachers have employed to punish students for misbehavior. But after Frank Harvey, 17, a Manville, NJ, high school senior, completed a pro-2nd Amendment project, his school ordered him to get his head checked.

The incident began Monday after Harvey, as many students sometimes do, left his USB drive in the computer lab. Another student opened Harvey’s 11th-grade project and reported him to school officials.

At 7pm Monday evening, Harvey’s family said they were paid a visit by local law enforcement, who investigated Harvey’s claims the project was from last school year, and cleared him of any criminal mischief.

But that apparently wasn’t enough to satisfy the Manville School District who suspended and then promptly ordered Harvey to undergo a 5-hour psychological evaluation stemming from the months later discovery of his anti-gun control project.

It seems the teacher, who assigned the work, can no longer recall having done so. But the 12th grader disagrees and so does his family.

Harvey said his teacher approved his topic (against gun control), he completed the project, and received an “A” for his efforts.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/school-orders-psych-eval-2nd-amendment/#lCILbwOB52i5psDR.99

Pure Insanity. 

Stan Hail    213

At this point I'm a pretty big believer that public school is tantamount to child neglect if not abuse. Not only is the public school education they receive a lot of social programming,  safety is a concern because teachers and staff no longer have the control over the classrooms they once had. They also tend to teach to the lowest denominator and even if your child is in advanced classes the pace of their education is very slow. I have two grown children who went to public school and a 5 year old who goes to a private school 2 days a week and is home schooled the rest of the time. We have focused on giving her a classical education and She has been reading and writing for over a year and does both addition and subtraction with numbers in the hundreds, yet had we enrolled her in public school she would be in kindergarten this year and they would be learning how to count to 100 , the ABC's and how to write their name. Also instead of the crazy (im)moral values the teach children these days we picked a school that teaches her christian values instead. Of course it requires a lot more time , is definitely a hands on approach and requires some financial sacrifice but already the results have been pretty amazing. I wish I had seen the light before allowing my other children to be primarily educated in public school.

Team Uzi   
Team Uzi

Who's the little Libtard tattletale that meddled with the flash drive.

Sounds like someone who just wanted a little attention.

All these ridiculous incidents begin with a perception of victimization and sensationalism of what should be considered normal.

The education system should be dismantled and replaced by the private sector.

Paying customers would be treated much better and those who wouldn't pay couldn't play.