Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Millevolt

How to find web page IP address. May need this REAL SOON!

Here is a couple of important ones. Save these

COP                 104.31.85.101

Drudge                         65.97.58.36

Breitbart                        72.21.91.19

Infowars                          104.238.156.201

Prison planet            66.55.65.58

Never mind... they got that covered...

Error 1003 Ray ID: 2ead6258e09f5368 • 2016-10-01 05:06:14 UTC

Direct IP access not allowed

What happened?

You've requested an IP address that is part of the CloudFlare network. A valid Host header must be supplied to reach the desired website.

Yea '^^ pinging can work for websites that own their domain name. However, domain hosting websites don't actually sell you a domain; you rent it from them. Thus pinging a website under a server will give you the domain IP for that server. Also - pinging a website that requires login information will only get you to the homepage and you'd need the specific IP to gain single page access to secured information - something you're not easily going to find. 

Bonus tip: the actual URL for a facebook page includes a super long cipher that is unique to the user. Obtaining this actual URL allows access to any user's profile without having to actually "login".

(I'm only in my first year of computer science - so I may be getting some details wrong, but this is the general problem with pinging websites.) 

curious1

Use the PING command to find the IP address. The PING command will send a packet of data to the website you specify and return the IP address.

Type ping sitename.com and press ↵ Enter. Replace sitename.com with the site you want to find the IP address for. You don't need to include the www. part of the address.

used to be a netstat cmd that showed IP's you are currently on ( or that had open connections you were unaware of)

I think it was netstat -n  (been many years since I used cmd prompt)

wow

How about

GLP

Lunatic Outpost

NaturalNews

RT.com

Rense

curious1
10 hours ago, Millevolt said:

Here is a couple of important ones. Save these

COP                 104.31.85.101

Drudge                         65.97.58.36

Breitbart                        72.21.91.19

Infowars                          104.238.156.201

Prison planet            66.55.65.58

according to netstat - my cop connection is 104.31.84.101

is that variable?

when I pinged I got the 85 as well. Why would netstat show a lower number?

Supercalafragilistic
10 hours ago, Millevolt said:

You've requested an IP address that is part of the CloudFlare network. A valid Host header must be supplied to reach the desired website.

Ah ..... more malware from our buddies at Cloudflare.  I've had enough of their BS that I've actually locked-out their scripts with "NoScript".