Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

thedudeabides

So, something just happened, hits close to home.

thedudeabides    2,491

My Grand father was allowing my Uncle to stay at his home. My Uncle is a Felon. Well, his parole officer and police from the city showed up looking for my uncle. They wanted to confirm his whereabouts. My grandpa informs them he is at his sisters, working on there driveway, which he was. They ask to Search the house for my uncle. My Grandfather allows them to, first mistake. 

They trash his house and confiscate all of his firearms. 

I am extremely pissed right now, I keep seeing red. Thankfully I had not left any of mine at his home. 

I have heard of this happening to others. But until now it wasn't quite real enough. Now, now I am done supporting the police. They can all die like dogs. My grandfather just lost his wife a month ago and is grieving and these assholes do this to him!

I am so angry right now. 

Quick1966    1,220
8 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

My Grand father was allowing my Uncle to stay at his home. My Uncle is a Felon. Well, his parole officer and police from the city showed up looking for my uncle. They wanted to confirm his whereabouts. My grandpa informs them he is at his sisters, working on there driveway, which he was. They ask to Search the house for my uncle. My Grandfather allows them to, first mistake. 

I am extremely pissed right now, I keep seeing red. Thankfully I had not left any of mine at his home. 

I have heard of this happening to others. But until now it wasn't quite real enough. Now, now I am done supporting the police. They can all die like dogs. My grandfather just lost his wife a month ago and is grieving and these assholes do this to him!

I am so angry right now. 

Wow dude that's harsh! My condolences for your grandfathers loss. But I didn't realize that the police could confiscate YOUR firearms if a felon was living with you. Did they give him a reason? Or did they just take his shit and tell him FU?

thedudeabides    2,491
14 minutes ago, Quick1966 said:

Wow dude that's harsh! My condolences for your grandfathers loss. But I didn't realize that the police could confiscate YOUR firearms if a felon was living with you. Did they give him a reason? Or did they just take his shit and tell him FU?

I will have more details later tonight when I go to talk with him.

grav   
grav

That has to have been an illegal action. The cops should have to make amends. Sure they will. :unsure: But felony is a big deal. So they may have had a reason.

I don't like cops, never have. Power in the hands of low-IQ young men can go to their heads. Psychological experiments have proven, with college students I think, that ordinary people often become abusive when they are given the right to control other people's actions. I have a family member who is a CHIP. And yes, he does have a chip on his shoulder.

I hope your grandfather's guns are returned with an apology. That may be the funniest thing I say all day. Cops apologize, srzly?

Malevolent    2,934

Strongs @thedudeabides!  Did they have a valid warrant?  If not it is still trespassing even if they are the police. I would strongly advise Grandpa to find a decent solicitor who is not scared of nor likes the police.  

thedudeabides    2,491
Just now, Malevolent said:

Strongs @thedudeabides!  Did they have a valid warrant?  If not it is still trespassing even if they are the police. I would strongly advise Grandpa to find a decent solicitor who is not scared of nor likes the police.  

We shall see. 

Those bastards!

I'd be flaming pissedoff angry too.

But stay cool in terms of not doing anything stupid.

There was a time when we had the Legal Aid to at least explain what the true legal picture was and what your options were. I suppose that might be gone now.

40-50 years ago there were cops who might even admire your firearms and compliment your collection. Not many of them around now.

I'm so sorry for your grandfather's loss of his wife.

Cryptic Mole    4,551
53 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

I am so angry right now. 

These are the kinds of things that will happen when the police are in the middle of becoming nationalized by obummer.

McWest    882
1 hour ago, thedudeabides said:

I am so angry right now. 

That's good dude. The system is wicked. The police are apart of the system. Now I'm not saying that no good people exist in the system. However, once a good person realized what the system is, and their participation in it; they'll make an exit. Otherwise they are supporting the same wicked system in-turn, making them guilty by association. I understand some good people are probably trying to fight the system from within (which is commendable yet daunting). Good for those few.

Now you know the truth about the police. Outstanding.

Groove    2,075

Wow dude that is seriously messed up. I hope you can find info out on this. I know you said he gave permission to search the house, now that is one thing, but theft of firearms is another. While it is true a felon can not be around firearms I am not aware of a law that allows the cops to take weapons that are not the felons. Mater of fact about 6 months ago a buddy was riding with me and I honestly forgot about his felony that happened 10 years ago, we were pulled over and I had my pistol on me. Showed the cop my ccw and just just simply said that my friend couldn't be around me while I was armed, he didn't take my pistol tho. I'm. It sure what state your in or the laws there but here I know that wouldn't happen, unless it's just prick cops. 

Eve    267
1 hour ago, grav said:

I don't like cops, never have. Power in the hands of low-IQ young men can go to their heads. Psychological experiments have proven, with college students I think, that ordinary people often become abusive when they are given the right to control other people's actions.

The Stanford prison experiment I believe is what you're referring to, and indeed it was a very telling experiment. 

@thedudeabides My condolences for your's and your grandfather's loss. So painful to see citizens try to abide by the law and do what's right, only to be taken advantage of. I'm not even in the "pro-gun" camp and this upsets me.