Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Amethyst

Blockbuster: Firefox developer creates new browser that trashes the competition

Amethyst    330

Jim Stone put this out this evening 9-29-16

BLOCKBUSTER! NEW WEB BROWSER TRASHES GOOGLE!

This made me happy.

CREATOR OF FIREFOX WEB BROWSER BRENDAN EICH WAS KICKED OUT OF HIS OWN ORGANIZATION FOR NOT SUPPORTING SAME SEX MARRIAGE AND NOT EVER BACKING DOWN. THEY THEN TURNED FIREFOX INTO A DOGPILE. HE THEN WROTE A NEW WEB BROWSER AND HAS RELEASED IT AS THE "BRAVE" BROWSER. RUMOR ON THE STREET IS THAT IT IS GREAT, CHECK IT OUT, DOWNLOAD HERE

http://brave.com

UPDATE: HA HA HA, HE'S PISSED WITH GOOGLE INTENTIONALLY SABOTAGING FIREFOX AND HAS PROGRAMMED THE NEW BROWSER TO BLOW GOOGLE AWAY!

YEP. To make Chrome look better (when really it was not) Google sabotaged Firefox by causing Firefox to re-load ads multiple times, which slowed it down badly. Google did this by checking which browser was accessing a web site, and if it saw Firefox, Google would intentionally trip it up with the analytics scripts and ad scripts that loaded multiple times under instruction from Google. There was nothing Firefox could do to fix it because it was external sabotage. So what did Brendan do to get even? He ripped Google's own Chrome to pieces, took out the crapware parts of it, and had it intentionally screw over the GOOGLE tampering.

HA HA HA, BLOCKBUSTER: THE BRAVE BROWSER WILL TAKE GOOGLE ADS (IF YOU TELL IT TO) AND REPLACE THEM WITH ADS THAT ARE SERVED BY THE BRAVE BROWSER'S OWN AD SERVICE. BRAVE THEN GIVES A KICKBACK TO THE WEB SITES WHO HAD THEIR ADS SWITCHED AWAY FROM GOOGLE.TALK ABOUT REVENGE! THAT IS WORTH MORE THAN A LAUGH!

Way to go. Way to get even!

GOOGLE IS LYING ABOUT CHROME'S POPULARITY ANYWAY:

BOTTOM LINE? IF BRENDAN EICH CAN MAKE A WEB BROWSER SO GREAT IT CAN SCORE THIS WELL AFTER TAKING SUCH A BEATING, YOU REALLY OUGHT TO CHECK OUT HIS NEW ONE

54 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

Just downloaded this browser and I can already tell the difference in its performance. 

Yup, same here. 

Ukshep    25,452

f*** that browser. its ad system destroys revenue for the publisher and takes it for the developer of the browser. It is like thieving. f*** that.

By replacing owners ads with its own. Money Grab because he got fired! is all that browser is about.

Shep, if you don't mind me asking how much revenue do you get from ads on a monthly basis ?

If you don't feel like replying, it's totally cool.

3 hours ago, Ukshep said:

f*** that browser. its ad system destroys revenue for the publisher and takes it for the developer of the browser. It is like thieving. f*** that.

By replacing owners ads with its own. Money Grab because he got fired! is all that browser is about.

Not true.

You can choose, either site by site or globally,

* To block ads, or

* To allow ads, or 

* To show "Brave" ads.

Well, that's weird.

I posted my comment above using the Brave browser (I think... pretty sure), but now, I can't post a comment with it because the "Submit Reply" button is gone from the lower right of this reply window!

I may have changed some browser settings between commenting; I'll fiddle around and see if I can get that button back.

Have to use Firefox to post this.

23 minutes ago, Johnny Appleseed said:

Well, that's weird.

I posted my comment above using the Brave browser (I think... pretty sure), but now, I can't post a comment with it because the "Submit Reply" button is gone from the lower right of this reply window!

I may have changed some browser settings between commenting; I'll fiddle around and see if I can get that button back.

Have to use Firefox to post this.

UPDATE:  Yep. I was experimenting with settings in Brave browser and chose to Block Scripts globally. Silly me, I forgot.

screen grab - preferences, scripts unblocked - http://i.imgur.com/GPfCFBv.png

screen grab - no "submit" button - http://i.imgur.com/Mby0Vzm.png

Ukshep    25,452
2 hours ago, Johnny Appleseed said:

Not true.

You can choose, either site by site or globally,

* To block ads, or

* To allow ads, or 

* To show "Brave" ads.

Except it disables site ads by default thus acting like ad blocker. And in place will go ads they have once they get it up and working. Which is to me a bullshit move on the developers part!

If the brave browser takes off, you can kiss goodbye to multitude of forums, and websites. Ours included! Because even without the brave browser the current ad blockers have already destroyed many a websites ability to fund themselves! The saving grace is a few don't know about ad blocking which is the only way any makes money now. Once something like the brave browser goes mainstream. We can all kiss goodbye to the forums/websites we know.

And you will have to enjoy paid subscription websites only. Because no others will be able to exist in that model other than the insanely rich.

Which brings us to my final point. Ad blockers are part of the control system. Enforced to take away revenue from publishers and put it in the hands of main controllers....Ain't going to be any independent websites left if they cant pay the server bills.

Don't say i never warned anyone.

But then again there's so much spam, phishing, clickbait, malware and all that comes through the same methods.

You could put ad blockers on firefox that do about the same thing.

Or you could try slimjet, which is more obvious to the fact that it is a chromium browser.

But here lately, more ads have been coming back on brave.