Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

garlic

Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself!

garlic    2,639

I'm not a fan of FDR but he got this one right!

You can choose to live in fear or you can simply choose to live. You decide!

garlic    2,639

I'm so tired of the fear mongering. The earth is going to open up under our feet. A solar flare is going to send us back to the stone age. Russia/North Korea/China is going to nuke us. Yellowstone is going to blow and cover most of North America in 6 feet of ash. The economy is going to collapse. UN troops are going to round us all up and put us in FEMA camps. Donald is going to save us. Hillary is going to be the end of us. Lone Wolfs are going to blow everyone up. Isis is everywhere.  Zika, Ebola, the flu, be afraid of every and all disease...Bla bla bla.

While some of those scenarios are probable, if you spend your life worrying about how or when you are going to die...You will never truly live.

I'm awake. I see what going on but, damn if I can change any of it. So I've chosen to enjoy the life that I have right now.

Ive done all that I can do to prepare. I have stockpiled food, ammo, medicine, fuel, etc. What I have discovered is you can prepare, prepare, prepare, but you can't prepare for everything because the everything is unknown.

And no matter how prepared you think you are life will always throw something at you that you didn't think of.

Lets say you have a bunker, 5 years of food, enough ammo to invade a small country and every thing you need to survive whatever happens and then your mother, father, wife, husband, sibling or child dies. How do you prepare for that? You can't!

So...stop worrying about things that are out of your control and live in the moment because thats all you really have...the here and now!

Cinnamon    28,893
14 minutes ago, CGK said:

Mods...feel free to move this thread to the OT....Im just rambling!

Do you want me to drive you home tonight? AND do you still have your designer eye patch I got you? lol

Legate   
Legate

Living in debt of Trillions !!! LOL  What choice do I have? ROFL The choice is "f*** you"... That is it!?, although it does not stop the reality around me. I feel sad actually. I think we all know what comes next. 

Get ready my brothers and sisters... We need to survive to carry on the human race.

garlic    2,639
15 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Do you want me to drive you home tonight? AND do you still have your designer eye patch I got you? lol

I don't need a driver..I have a good pair of shoes and can walk. Besides, I have my patch on now..thanks Cinn...I love you!

I'm fed up with doom. I have not had the TV on since the debate. I'm enjoying life and want to encourage everyone else to do the same.

Instead of wallowing in doom, I bought a new BBQ (not gas) learned how to make fire, and spent the day roasting chilies from my garden.

I thought I knew how to make fire but its pretty hard to do if you don't have charcoal and lighter fluid. HA HA...I have it down now!

Life is short..enjoy every moment you have!

Cinnamon    28,893
Just now, CGK said:

I don't need a driver..I have a good pair of shoes and can walk. Besides, I have my patch on now..thanks Cinn...I love you!

I'm fed up with doom. I have not had the TV on since the debate. I'm enjoying life and want to encourage everyone else to do the same.

Instead of wallowing in doom, I bought a new BBQ (not gas) learned how to make fire, and spent the day roasting chilies from my garden.

I thought I knew how to make fire but its pretty hard to do if you don't have charcoal and lighter fluid. HA HA...I have it down now!

Life is short..enjoy every moment you have!

How did you make the fire? Inquiring minds NEED to know. :)  And I love you too! 

garlic    2,639

OK...this is really crazy but I used a magnifying glass to set some dried tinder (leaves and grass)  on fire then moved that to coffee can that I poked big holes in with a nail. In the coffee can I had news paper and some little sticks. I put the tinder in there and ...bam, I had fire.