Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

5 More Cases of Rash-Like Skin Irritation Reported to School District Officials in Lake Forest (HORRIBLE! Not just any ole rash!) 40 cases and now spreading to other schools! (California)

Cinnamon    28,889

As experts try to determine what is causing a rash-like skin irritation in students and staff members at Lake Forest Elementary School, five more cases have been reported to district members, officials announced during a meeting Wednesday.

About 30 students and 10 staff members at the school had the reaction, but now other schools in the Saddleback Valley Unified School District have reported having issues.

“There were several clusters that became very swollen and itchy around my waist and behind my knees, in the crease on the backs of my legs," said an affected woman who did not want to be identified.

The Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control District has ruled out mosquitos as the culprit, but the agency is still unsure what is causing the symptoms.

<SNIP>

http://ktla.com/2016/09/28/parent-meeting-underway-at-lake-forest-elementary-following-outbreak-of-mysterious-skin-rash/

Look at the picture at link! This is not just a "rash"!  They sprayed pesticides and are going to do it again, even though they don't know what's causing it... oh the stupid it just BURNS!  I'd be totally bent if I got something like that! And I'd never go back there again. 

grav   
grav

Holy cow! Those look like bug bites. Very bad infections too. Too many for a tick bite that goes to Lyme disease.

Cinnamon    28,889
16 minutes ago, grav said:

Holy cow! Those look like bug bites. Very bad infections too. Too many for a tick bite that goes to Lyme disease.

I've never seen anything like that, have you?  And it's spreading to other schools. Weirdness prevails! 

RabidWolf    1,174

I wonder what the FEDs are testing this time.

Let us be real here. The real tests at schools are not academic in nature as the US Government has proven throughout history.

Cinnamon    28,889
3 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

I wonder what the FEDs are testing this time.

Let us be real here. The real tests at schools are not academic in nature as the US Government has proven throughout history.

Ever seen anything like that, @RabidWolf ?

Cryptic Mole    5,142

I just met a guy in the hospital when I was there who had Lyme disease and was in the hospital for 2 weeks. He also was sent home with a medication pump that would flow medications constantly 24/7. I heard the doctor say his treatment costs $250,000 and he was diagnosed after coming to the hospital for something entirely different.

Cinnamon    28,889
7 minutes ago, Cryptid Mold said:

I just met a guy in the hospital when I was there who had Lyme disease and was in the hospital for 2 weeks. He also was sent home with a medication pump that would flow medications constantly 24/7. I heard the doctor say his treatment costs $250,000 and he was diagnosed after coming to the hospital for something entirely different.

Best to stay the hell outta those places if you can! 

Cryptic Mole    5,142
8 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Best to stay the hell outta those places if you can! 

They didn't want me there, but they had no choice.

They said, "we want to get you the hell out of here asap."

I already had the MRSA.

Stan Hail    213

Looking at the size of the bumps in this picture https://tribktla.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/bites2.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=295&strip=all

Most diseases or metal allergies usually have smaller or flatter bumps, the same with chiggers. I wish there were photos of the rash on other people since some people get more inflamed by bites than others, as well as information on how long the rash last , itchy , etc.  Just looking at the rash and the size of the bumps in that photo it looks like  it could possibly  be dust mites, bedbugs or  maybe even some kind of grass allergy, although with the number of people affected i don't think that is likely. I hope we get updated if any new information comes out.

RabidWolf    1,174
32 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Ever seen anything like that, @RabidWolf ?

With only a single, slightly blurry image to go on, I'd say it looks like Chigger bites. I suppose the "outbreak" could be a result of seasonal hatching of the larvae in that area. 

However, it is the sheer number of cases that has my whiskers twitching here. It reeks of human manipulation.

Mites don't generally carry viruses, but they do carry some bacteria and fungi naturally. That said, a bit of playing around in a laboratory and you can genetically alter the mites, or the viruses, bacteria, and fungi so that the mites are an acceptable host.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if most of those people presenting welt & rash symptoms there come down with a "flu-like" illness 7-14 days after the initial rash symptoms. (testing the delivery system)

I doubt any infectious agent would be serious in nature, as the FEDs prefer to test the actual chemical/biological agents in more controlled environments (i.e., hospitals and "free clinics").

Of course, I am just tossing out ideas here. Could just be a normal, seasonal Chigger hatching and a lot of kids laying in the tall grass for some reason... 

radio doc    383

did they by chance all buy a school sports team t-shirt? could it be a dye that was used in a foreign country where they were made that was not subject to fda approval?

just a wild guess?