Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

CJ Guardian News

What Is the Truth Worth When Lies Have Become Acceptable?

What is the truth worth? In a time where lying has become an acceptable art, the lines between truth and error have been blurred. Politicians do it, teachers do it, religious leaders do it, and even children do it. It is difficult to hold others to a standard higher than one upholds on a personal level. Where does it end? The consequences of a lie have affected everyone at some point in life and the truth is, a lie can never be untold. Friedrich Nietzsche, a famous German philosopher, said:

I am not upset that you lied to me, but that from now on I cannot believe you.

What frightens people, as America hinges on the upcoming election, are the many lies that have become acceptable. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is repeatedly annihilated for lies she has told, while Republican hopeful Donald Trump is celebrated amid constant lies. One thing that holds true is Clinton’s lies have been  ... click HERE to continue reading

The thing Trump supporters are forgetting is that, Trump first and foremost is a salesman. Listen to how he talks, using positive adjectives at a very high rate in describing his plan, which he hasn't really outlined yet, as tremendous, amazing, YYUUUUGGGEE, Make America Great Again, etc.. It isn't good to down your competition if you are a sales rep., but, Trump has operated in a larger realm than most in the sales industry so he is well versed in the art of " dogging ". It is always easier to sell someone when they come to you as well, and Trump knows this and with a large number of people coming to support him simply because he sounds like they feel, he can SELL ! SELL! SELL! all day long. Lying happens in sales quite often, not blatantly promising something and not delivering the promise all that much but, it's more like lying by omission, and Trump is a master at that.