Jump to content
Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

I had a thought! What if we all got our turn?

Recommended Posts

 Ukshep    21,637

So i was thinking about the disparity between rich and poor, thinking of solutions to it like i do every day about something and the way everything is held by the few wealthy families. And i know (believe) the earth does not have enough resources to support everyone living like the rich.

So i thought what if a system existed that took away the power from the rich and made everyone EQUAL! Everyone goes in a queue... and when the number gets called they get to live like a king for a whole year in a mansion with whatever they want.

No one can be chosen twice.

Only problems i see with this.... are some would go without since i am sure too many people exist for this to be fully accomplished. And possibly major depression afterwards.

But i thought this was an interesting thought and wanted to share it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 thedudeabides    2,492
1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

So i was thinking about the disparity between rich and poor, thinking of solutions to it like i do every day about something and the way everything is held by the few wealthy families. And i know (believe) the earth does not have enough resources to support everyone living like the rich.

So i thought what if a system existed that took away the power from the rich and made everyone EQUAL! Everyone goes in a queue... and when the number gets called they get to live like a king for a whole year in a mansion with whatever they want.

No one can be chosen twice.

Only problems i see with this.... are some would go without since i am sure too many people exist for this to be fully accomplished. And possibly major depression afterwards.

But i thought this was an interesting thought and wanted to share it!

Sounds worse than Communism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    21,637
Just now, thedudeabides said:

Sounds worse than Communism.

Oh well... never said it was a good idea lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aðalbrandr   
Aðalbrandr

If we opened up the Department of Defense with a can-opener, the technology we would find there would radically transform the world.  But removing oil-based fuels from common use would work against the government's population control meme.

Working the other side of the equation, using voluntary birth control, we could cut the population of the earth by 75% in three generations.

 

But there is no solution to any problems while we have a completely defective, criminal political machine running the world.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    21,637
1 minute ago, Aðalbrandr said:

If we opened up the Department of Defense with a can-opener, the technology we would find there would radically transform the world.  But removing oil-based fuels from common use would work against the government's population control meme.

Working the other side of the equation, using voluntary birth control, we could cut the population of the earth by 75% in three generations.

 

But there is no solution to any problems while we have a completely defective, criminal political machine running the world.

 

 

 

very true... it reveals a sad truth! You can't fully fix the world or fully break free from the system if you rely on the systems tech to do it. You have to have everything at your disposal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Quick1966    1,220

It's an interesting concept. But it would fail. If you gave everyone in the world a million dollars today and everyone was free to do what they wanted. More than half would be broke in a year. It's human nature at play and that means you have the "makers" (scientists,engineers,artists etc.) And the "takers" the people who genuinely don't want to do anything except reap the benefits from those that create. The makers would make useful things and the takers would just buy the stuff the makers create. Perfect example is a school classroom. Some students are the overachievers. Some are just trying to get by. And then you have the ones that don't do shit and expect to graduate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    21,637
Just now, Quick1966 said:

It's an interesting concept. But it would fail. If you gave everyone in the world a million dollars today and everyone was free to do what they wanted. More than half would be broke in a year. It's human nature at play and that means you have the "makers" (scientists,engineers,artists etc.) And the "takers" the people who genuinely don't want to do anything except reap the benefits from those that create. The makers would make useful things and the takers would just buy the stuff the makers create. Perfect example is a school classroom. Some students are the overachievers. Some are just trying to get by. And then you have the ones that don't do shit and expect to graduate.

Ah but the way it would work is that we as a species would elevate these people and retain full control! But you have to remember. IF this theory was actually happening and normal. Society would no longer be controlled by who it is now. Because none of those people would be able to RETAIN the elevated status.... if safeguards are in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 RabidWolf    1,080

Just a side note here; Wealth isn't a finite "resource". Perhaps the problem isn't the consolidation of wealth among a few families, but rather the lack of ambition of the rest of the people to create more wealth for themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beany   
Beany

Interesting thought... :smile:

I believe there would be many to voluntarily opt out. And those of us that would, could be sent to a large island somewhere to live simply and freely....far away from system.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

Ah but the way it would work is that we as a species would elevate these people and retain full control! But you have to remember. IF this theory was actually happening and normal. Society would no longer be controlled by who it is now. Because none of those people would be able to RETAIN the elevated status.... if safeguards are in place.

It's called term limits, something Congress is afraid of...they'd get knocked down a peg or two...the bold phrase above is a racket...in fact let's prevent President Clinton from being allowed to serve any other office the rest of their life...Secretary of State, can't we just get rid of these clowns...but the kings for a day are already pre-selected...

 

1 hour ago, RabidWolf said:

Just a side note here; Wealth isn't a finite "resource". Perhaps the problem isn't the consolidation of wealth among a few families, but rather the lack of ambition of the rest of the people to create more wealth for themselves.

The modern futile system is too keep the rich rich and the poor poor.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×