Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Solar storm heading towards Earth threatening to break your Sky TV and mobile phones

Cinnamon    28,921

A HUGE solar storm is heading towards Earth which could leave us without mobile phones, satellite TV and even electricity.

Modern-day Britain could go into meltdown after scientists forecast the solar storm to hit between now and Friday which could wreak havoc with technology.

Solar storms affect Earth’s technology as radiation is thrown at the planet from the Sun.

While humans are protected from the radiation by the atmosphere, the rays can heat the outer atmosphere, causing it to expand which can affect satellites in orbit. That could lead to a lack of GPS navigation, mobile phone signal and satellite TV such as Sky.

Furthermore, higher currents in the magnetosphere – the Earth’s magnetic field – could lead to a surge of electricity in power lines, which can blow out electrical transformers and power stations leading to a temporary loss of electricity in a region – although this usually only occurs in areas that are in high altitude.

<snip>

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/715472/Solar-storm-Earth-break-Sky-TV-mobile-phones

Nothing will happen? 

Ukshep    25,452
10 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

A HUGE solar storm is heading towards Earth which could leave us without mobile phones, satellite TV and even electricity.

Modern-day Britain could go into meltdown after scientists forecast the solar storm to hit between now and Friday which could wreak havoc with technology.

Solar storms affect Earth’s technology as radiation is thrown at the planet from the Sun.

While humans are protected from the radiation by the atmosphere, the rays can heat the outer atmosphere, causing it to expand which can affect satellites in orbit. That could lead to a lack of GPS navigation, mobile phone signal and satellite TV such as Sky.

Furthermore, higher currents in the magnetosphere – the Earth’s magnetic field – could lead to a surge of electricity in power lines, which can blow out electrical transformers and power stations leading to a temporary loss of electricity in a region – although this usually only occurs in areas that are in high altitude.

<snip>

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/715472/Solar-storm-Earth-break-Sky-TV-mobile-phones

Nothing will happen? 

A big one will hit us eventually. just look at the carrington event!

Ukshep    25,452
16 minutes ago, grav said:

from 93 million miles away? uuuh huh, yep.  Sheesh.    :rolleyes:

Give it a few years... I fully expect a they turned off the power to the matrix theory, or matrix power surge theory to pop up!

grav   
grav
21 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Give it a few years... I fully expect a they turned off the power to the matrix theory, or matrix power surge theory to pop up!

A few years? I'm not saying the sun can't send us a giant blast of radiation any day now. Since FE thinks that earth is a battery or capacitor which powers the sun and moon, a feedback surge could be possible. Or intentional. I saw the 911 directed energy video this morning. Someone :beammeup:has knowledge of Tesla-Electric Universe energy. So the sky's the limit as to how much damage a thunderbolt could cause. The EU guys know stuff but stick with modern cosmology. I hope they never endorse FE, whether they accept it or not. The time is not right for that much disclosure.

https://m.youtube.com/user/ThunderboltsProject

11 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

<snip>

Nothing will happen? 

Nothing will happen? 

Actually yes, it was a beautiful display last night

http://spaceweather.com/

Eve    302

Well if you do find yourself warned of a M-class flare or higher, just remove all the batteries from all the things you can and unplug all the things you can - then they may survive. ^^

Millevolt    653
25 minutes ago, Eve said:

Well if you do find yourself warned of a M-class flare or higher, just remove all the batteries from all the things you can and unplug all the things you can - then they may survive. ^^

Unlikely with sensitive electronics. Need a grounded Faraday cage to divert electrical current around it. The snapping magnetic lines of flux will induce a voltage inside of chips blowing them out regardless of if power is supplied.

Walk Softly    3,300
1 hour ago, Millevolt said:

Unlikely with sensitive electronics. Need a grounded Faraday cage to divert electrical current around it. The snapping magnetic lines of flux will induce a voltage inside of chips blowing them out regardless of if power is supplied.

I've often wondered if an EMP would destroy an old school points ignition? 

I've got an old jeep (not points, my above question was pure curiosity) that I don't use much.  Very few important electronic parts... it would be easy to buy spares and put them in a Faraday cage.  

grav   
grav

Mt. grav has an old beatup diesel Isuzu Pup. Only cockcoaches and Isuzu diesels will be running around after teotwawki..

Millevolt    653
30 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

I've often wondered if an EMP would destroy an old school points ignition? 

I've got an old jeep (not points, my above question was pure curiosity) that I don't use much.  Very few important electronic parts... it would be easy to buy spares and put them in a Faraday cage.  

Don't think that points would be a problem. If and EMP was powerful enough to destroy a set of points, we would have much worse problems, since they are designed to take high voltages. The main concern with an EMP is the tiny conductors inside of a microchip, that could easily be overwhelmed and opened up by a pulse of electromagnetic energy.

Cinnamon    28,921
8 minutes ago, Millevolt said:

Don't think that points would be a problem. If and EMP was powerful enough to destroy a set of points, we would have much worse problems, since they are designed to take high voltages. The main concern with an EMP is the tiny conductors inside of a microchip, that could easily be overwhelmed and opened up by a pulse of electromagnetic energy.

Remember those people who had chips embedded under their skin, they won't be able to get inside their houses or do a lot of other things.  They want it for medical use, military use and basically embed everyone with these things eventually.  They either know this will never happen to thwart their future control grid or they are not smart enough to see something like that coming.  Or, when it gets rolled out, it'll be something completely different than a device that contains a microchip that can be zapped.