Jump to content
Sign Up To Remove Ads! | Purchase An Ad Slot!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Did you know the government is about to shut down this Friday?

Recommended Posts

 Cinnamon    28,889

I didn't. Though that isn't the worst news I've heard today.  Media has been strangely silent about this, maybe that's because these back door deals and arm twisting has become so common that they just don't think it's important enough to cover like they used to. Kick them all out! 

Flint Water Deal May Help Avert Government Shutdown

House leaders have struck a deal on aid for the lead-tainted water system in Flint, Mich., potentially clearing a major hurdle as Congress tries to avert a government shutdown just days before the Friday deadline.

The agreement, released late Tuesday night, would authorize $170 million in spending to communities where the president has declared a state of emergency due to contaminants like lead.

<snip>

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/29/us/politics/congress-shutdown-flint-spending.html?_r=0

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Groove    2,344

The more you know... And knowing is half the battle. 

GI Joe...

 

so their shutting down the gov over lead in the water? Or is their something else on the table their not mentioning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
guest   
guest

Could we just gift the state of Michigan to Canada?  It would be like addition by subtraction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    28,889
13 minutes ago, Groove said:

The more you know... And knowing is half the battle. 

GI Joe...

 

so their shutting down the gov over lead in the water? Or is their something else on the table their not mentioning. 

I honestly don't know, there's so much going on in the world right now, I haven't had a chance to delve into their dog and pony show on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Groove    2,344
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

I honestly don't know, there's so much going on in the world right now, I haven't had a chance to delve into their dog and pony show on this one.

As long as I don't hear a 3-4 day banking holiday I'm not gonna freak out. The government shutting down is a worry tho especially this close to an election. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Groove said:

As long as I don't hear a 3-4 day banking holiday I'm not gonna freak out. The government shutting down is a worry tho especially this close to an election. 

Are they going to shut down select parts of the government that pertain to national parks/monuments like the last time?  You didn't think the government was actually going to shut down...even though this will be a pull when the banking holiday shows up...just mysteriously goes into overdrive in another direction...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest
52 minutes ago, guest said:

Could we just gift the state of Michigan to Canada?  It would be like addition by subtraction.

:sex:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×