Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Fourth echelon

Cow poo-powered bus sets land speed record

Rate this topic

READING, England, May 25 (UPI) -- The same bus model that typically transports residents of Reading, England around the city recently set a land speed record. The bus topped out at 76.785 miles per hour as it rounded the track at Millbrook Proving Ground in Bedfordshire.

The kicker is -- the bus is powered by cow poo or, more accurately, bovine manure-derived biomethane. In honor of it's fecal fuel source, the bus is painted in black and white spots (like a cow).

Bus Hound was built by Reading Buses, a transportation company in Southern England. The company's fleet features vehicles that normally don't break 56 miles per hour.
7371182.jpg

• Like 1

RabidWolf    950

lol While I don't disapprove of methane powered vehicles in general, the whole point of actually trying to set a land speed record with a city bus makes me laugh!

It seems like a frivolous goal to me. Kinda like what having hydrogen powered sports cars as taxis in a big city would be like. While they can reach awesome top speeds, they never will in city traffic.

What an odd selling point for an alternative fuel vehicle.

• Like 1

lol While I don't disapprove of methane powered vehicles in general, the whole point of actually trying to set a land speed record with a city bus makes me laugh!

It seems like a frivolous goal to me. Kinda like what having hydrogen powered sports cars as taxis in a big city would be like. While they can reach awesome top speeds, they never will in city traffic.

​was thinking same thing wolfy

​ROFL!