Jump to content
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
DarkKnightNomeD

Kickass Torrents owner arrested - Domain siezed by U.S. Authoritahs

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

 RabidWolf    940

Modern pirates are pretty stupid, when you think about it.

Back in the day, you wouldn't see a pirate traveling abroad without their heavily armed ships nearby. Nowadays they fly to countries that work closely with their enemies, alone, unarmed, and they expect to just walk in and out freely? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest
8 hours ago, RabidWolf said:

Modern pirates are pretty stupid, when you think about it.

Back in the day, you wouldn't see a pirate traveling abroad without their heavily armed ships nearby. Nowadays they fly to countries that work closely with their enemies, alone, unarmed, and they expect to just walk in and out freely? 

True.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 five    304

I blocked all the popular torrent sites from my network a long time ago, kat included. Not so much because I was worried about others downloading torrents from these sites, but to keep myself from the temptation. ISP's are watching...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Guitar Doc    1,206
On 22/07/2016 at 1:59 PM, five4ty7am said:

I blocked all the popular torrent sites from my network a long time ago, kat included. Not so much because I was worried about others downloading torrents from these sites, but to keep myself from the temptation. ISP's are watching...

But what about all the ct stuff at those sites?

Restricted books, leaked information that is never released through other channels. Good collections of banned books as well. Lots of ct books... Ct books don't get edited or deleted like the online versions do.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 five    304
1 hour ago, Guitar Doc said:

But what about all the ct stuff at those sites?

Restricted books, leaked information that is never released through other channels. Good collections of banned books as well. Lots of ct books... Ct books don't get edited or deleted like the online versions do.

 

You're right, that's something I didn't think about. :DWsKVPL:

I haven't used torrents for ct books in years, still have a collection somewhere around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 five    304

Why Is Solarmovie Down?

Users are reporting that Solarmovie.ph, along with its previous location SolarMovie.com, are down. When you go to either site, you get an error message about the DNS address not being found or the site unable to be reached.

It looks like there’s a chance the site might be down for good, especially if it’s connected to KickassTorrents. KickassTorrents’ sites went down after they were seized by the U.S. government and the alleged owner was arrested in Poland.

http://heavy.com/tech/2016/07/solarmovie-solar-movie-shut-down-not-working-broken-error-why-back-up-kickasstorrents-kat-lawsuit-ph-com/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Guitar Doc    1,206
1 hour ago, five4ty7am said:

You're right, that's something I didn't think about. :DWsKVPL:

I haven't used torrents for ct books in years, still have a collection somewhere around here.

I was involved in file sharing before it was about music games and films.

Filesharing was invented by the ct people spreading information. Then they started sharing games and music. In a way because of all the media sharing the ct stuff on those sites stays under the radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up to our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  1. Jump To Top
×