Jostler

Poking the Bear

147 posts in this topic

U.S. and Russian Jets Clash Over Syria

The near-clash also highlights the escalating risk of American and Russian forces actually coming to blows over Syria, potentially sparking a much wider conflict between the world’s leading nuclear powers.

Many can see it coming... including one of the illuminati "prophets" who wrote this in 1919, right after WWI.

"The Second Coming"

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

W.B Yeats

Edited by Jostler

8 hours ago, Jostler said:

U.S. and Russian Jets Clash Over Syria

Many can see it coming... including one of the illuminati "prophets" who wrote this in 1919, right after WWI.

"The Second Coming"

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

W.B Yeats

Some poems should be quoted intact; this is one. http://www.potw.org/archive/potw351.html

The second stanza speaks of a beast in a desert. When it awakens fully, hell will break loose. Have you seen the video posted in the "Nasa says" thread? I haven't finished watching it yet. The first half hour is compelling, announces who the world's real owners are. The Illuminati, of course, or their human major-domos, the Jesuits. 

In "Seismic Shift" To Mid-East Regional Power, Saudis Halt Egypt Oil Supplies As Cairo Turns To Iran

In mid-October, we reported that, for the first time ever, Russia and Egypt would conduct joint military drills. This followed news that Russia will sell attack helicopters to the North African nation and invest billions in Egyptian infrastructure. These items, along with the fact that Egypt is eager to be re-granted Russian tourism rights for its citizens after recent bad blood between the countries, lead one to the logical conclusion that Egypt has every incentive to cooperate with Russia going forward...

While Egyptian officials said since that the contract with Saudi Arabia's state oil firm Aramco remains valid and had appeared to expect that oil would start flowing again soon, on Monday, however, Egyptian Oil Minister Tarek El Molla confirmed it had stopped shipments indefinitely. Aramco has not commented on the halt and did not respond to calls on Monday.

"They did not give us a reason," an oil ministry official told Reuters. "They only informed the authority about halting shipments of petroleum products until further notice."...

It won't take much progress along this trajectory to make a real difference in middle east alignments.

Kinda interesting to revive this thread and see how many June headlines still look a lot like today's.  Back in June we were being presented with an "exercise" in Poland.  Exercises usually last a couple of months at most, but these are still going on and apparently being reinforced with still more troops. 

Sunburns make Carriers obsolete, when it goes "Hot" those 2 carriers will be collecting coral and mollusc's at the bottom of the ocean.

I won't begin to fathom Obama's strategy. Nor can I refute we've entered the 2nd Cold War. But just exactly how does one expect one carrier to relieve the other without being in the same vicinity overlapping deployments? One cannot leave its station until the other arrives. To do otherwise is pure tactical stupidity. Whether or not we need to be there is a whole 'nother story. But in the meantime, it gives two taskforces and two airwings a rare opportunity to run exercises with/against each other and that's a good thing.

And at the end of the day, if the Chinese get more than mouthy about our P-8s overflying their new base, we'll handle it. If Iran sends anything bigger than little putt boats out into the straits of Hormuz to disrupt shipping, we'll handle it.

Besides, what could go wrong if there's no such things as nukes? Guess we could sail off the end of the FE.

15 minutes ago, spEKtre said:

Sunburns make Carriers obsolete, when it goes "Hot" those 2 carriers will be collecting coral and mollusc's at the bottom of the ocean.

A buddy of mine went to a Korean doctor for <ahem> genital warts. I was waiting for him at a nearby bar when he came in and ordered us some soju.  Asked him if he'd gotten them removed and he looked at me bug-eyed. "Hell no! That f**ker started talking about 'razor surgery!"

See where I'm going with this? Sunburns aren't the be-all, end-all they were way back when they were introduced to the world. 

7 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

I won't begin to fathom Obama's strategy. Nor can I refute we've entered the 2nd Cold War. But just exactly how does one expect one carrier to relieve the other without being in the same vicinity overlapping deployments? One cannot leave its station until the other arrives. To do otherwise is pure tactical stupidity. Whether or not we need to be there is a whole 'nother story. But in the meantime, it gives two taskforces and two airwings a rare opportunity to run exercises with/against each other and that's a good thing.

And at the end of the day, if the Chinese get more than mouthy about our P-8s overflying their new base, we'll handle it. If Iran sends anything bigger than little putt boats out into the straits of Hormuz to disrupt shipping, we'll handle it.

Besides, what could go wrong if there's no such things as nukes? Guess we could sail off the end of the FE.

This is an old thread and I'm not certain which, or how many carriers currently are in the area.  I'm pretty sure the situation with carrier deployments has changed since June but haven't tried to discover what the current situation is.

Sunburns and cavitating torpedos are a real challenge to historic carrier operations and doctrine...can't dismiss that lightly.

7 hours ago, Jostler said:

This is an old thread and I'm not certain which, or how many carriers currently are in the area.  I'm pretty sure the situation with carrier deployments has changed since June but haven't tried to discover what the current situation is.

Sunburns and cavitating torpedos are a real challenge to historic carrier operations and doctrine...can't dismiss that lightly.

LOL! At 4am, I wasn't looking at posting dates. I was just trying to get people to think logically by explaining simple operations at sea, rather than eating impending doom.

And no one should take weapons tech lightly. We build the next big thing, they come up with a counter-measure and vice versa. Whether we/they fail or succeed is a matter of strategy and tactics just as in all past wars.

31 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

LOL! At 4am, I wasn't looking at posting dates. I was just trying to get people to think logically by explaining simple operations at sea, rather than eating impending doom.

And no one should take weapons tech lightly. We build the next big thing, they come up with a counter-measure and vice versa. Whether we/they fail or succeed is a matter of strategy and tactics just as in all past wars.

I have a habit of bumping about 5 old favorite threads when I find something pertinent and I want to keep it in one place.  Always be aware that I might pull a surprise "necro" on you :)  

Hat tip to SkyCat who found this RT interview and posted it in the Aleppo Siege thread.  I wanted to repost it here because if this former General (now Senator) has even half of this right, Trump truly will represent an incredibly deep shift in our foreign policy.  What puzzles me just a bit, is that I have never heard of this guy before now, and when you hear what he says, you have to conclude he is either a fool (and i doubt that) or he must have Trump's permission to be on RT saying these things.  Seasoned politicians just don't go around making such minute and specific statements about someone else's policy unless they're pretty darned sure they are saying the right things. 

We *might* see this guy again, Secretary of Defense or something like that, and if he believes half of what he said I'd be quite comfortable with that :)  Maybe even Secretary of State.

Edited by Jostler